HERNDON, Va., June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- VT iDirect, Inc. (iDirect), a company of VT Systems Inc. (VT Systems), today announced it has released a new line of software packages for its award-winning SatManage network management system. iDirect has combined the product's primary tools into a core software platform and has introduced five distinct feature packages that service providers can add on to address specific business challenges. The simplified offering makes SatManage more readily accessible to a broad and diverse set of service providers that want to improve their network operations, grow their business and increase customer loyalty. iDirect is a world leader in satellite-based IP communications technology.
SatManage is a powerful suite of Web-based software tools that integrate, monitor and automate hybrid networks and Network Operations Center (NOC)-based applications. The solution is relied on by leading service providers worldwide to transform how they manage complex customer deployments, resulting in stronger network performance, faster response times, greater customer satisfaction and lower operating costs.
Core software package
The Core Package features the solution's primary capabilities and serves as a base platform for every subscriber. These include a comprehensive range of visual correlation tracking tools and a centralized network monitoring dashboard. Service providers can gain immediate visibility into network performance measures to rapidly identify, respond to and prevent network degradation. The Core Package also includes sophisticated reporting tools which enable service providers to track and analyze critical network trends.
Add-on software packages
iDirect has released five additional SatManage software packages that integrate specialized capabilities to meet specific end user requirements.
- The NOC Toolset Package allows NOC engineers to monitor the status and performance of each remote router in their network, prepare for maintenance upgrades and preempt service related interruptions, simplifying a wide range of day-to-day operations and customer communications.
- The Auto HelpDesk Package automates Level 1 support and the associated tasks of issue detection, eliminating up to 70 percent of routine trouble tickets and significantly reducing the time required for active network monitoring and fault resolution.
- The Customer Management Package enables service providers to share network performance data and management tools directly with customers through a customizable Web portal. By implementing this feature set, service providers can develop value-added services to generate additional revenue, simplify Service Level Agreement (SLA) reconciliation and increase overall customer visibility and confidence.
- The Mobility Package addresses the significant challenges associated with managing mobile remotes that impact service providers in the maritime, oil and gas, aviation, military defense, emergency response and other industries. Service providers can track in real time the location and status of every remote on their network through a global mapping system, which can be overlaid with weather conditions, satellite footprint information, radar and other data sources. This integrated approach provides the speed and control that service providers require to optimize network availability in one of the most challenging industry environments.
- The Traffic Analysis Package provides detailed visibility into every aspect of a network's data flow, equipping service providers with the insights they need to better understand traffic patterns and make informed network decisions that can result in bandwidth efficiencies and cost savings.
"MTN Satellite Communications was one of the first companies to bring VSAT into the maritime market. We experienced rapid growth in the cruise industry and quickly evolved to commercial maritime solutions, yachting and government-based solutions. We needed a way to manage this growth and increasingly complex customer deployments. SatManage seamlessly integrated with our iDirect infrastructure, greatly improving the scalability and scope of our network management systems. Today, we have an enhanced level of visibility and operational control as well as the confidence we need to meet customer demands and remain at the forefront of the industry."
~ Kevin MCCARTHY
Sr. Vice President, Network Engineering, MTN Satellite Communications
"SatManage has been embraced by many of the world's leading satellite service providers, delivering very powerful and tangible business results. These new, easy-to-deploy packages allow for more simplified access to SatManage's broad functionality. We expect more service providers to take advantage of SatManage to increase network performance, streamline NOC operations and offer customers a higher level of service and responsiveness."
~ Guy ADAMS
Vice President of Software Engineering - SatManage, iDirect
For more information, please visit www.idirect.net/satmanage.
iDirect, a subsidiary of VT Systems, is transforming the way the world gets and stays connected. The company's satellite-based IP communications technology enables constant connectivity for voice, video and data applications in diverse and challenging environments. These include extending private networks to remote offices; supporting mobile connectivity across land, sea and air; providing rural telephony and Internet broadband; and maintaining communications in the wake of disasters and network failures. The iDirect Intelligent Platform™ integrates advanced technology into iDirect's portfolio of hubs, routers and network management software to address the growing complexity of deploying and managing global IP networks. With more than 13 years of global satellite communications experience, iDirect serves customers in 50 countries through a diverse network of channel partners, including some of the largest satellite providers, operators and carriers in the world and seven of the World Teleport Association's Global Top Ten. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, iDirect has offices in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Please visit www.idirect.net.
VT Systems is a diversified company providing solutions to the commercial and government markets in the aerospace, electronics, land systems and marine sectors. VT Systems products and services include aircraft inspection, maintenance and modification; software solutions in training and simulation; satellite-based IP communications technology; network solutions that integrate data, voice and video; rugged computers and computer peripheral equipment; specialized truck bodies and trailers; weapons and munitions systems; road construction equipment; and shipbuilding. Headquartered in Alexandria, Va., VT Systems operates globally and is a wholly owned subsidiary of ST Engineering. Please visit www.vt-systems.com.