LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Nov. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- IEEE Computer Society announces the launch of the Secure Mobile Developer Courses and Certification program with Codiscope, a key addition to its comprehensive and expanding elearning cybersecurity training program. These courses range from beginning to advanced intermediate and provide the user with the fundamentals of secure mobile development practices.
The ongoing expansion of mobile applications, and the increased communications and profits derived from them, have given rise to breaches in mobile security. IEEE Computer Society has responded to this expanding demand by offering the Secure Mobile Development Courses and Certification program.
Secure Mobile Developer Courses and Certification are created by more than 200 subject matter experts who have come together to produce eight exceptional courses:
- Foundations of Mobile Security
- OWASP Top Ten
- Developing Securely for PCI DSS
- Introduction to Cryptography for Developers and Architects
- Foundations of iOS Security – Mobile
- Foundations of Android Security – Mobile
- Defensive Programming for Android
- Defensive Programming for iOS
These courses are built for online interaction, not pre-recorded slides. They leverage frequent knowledge checks and end-of-course assessments to reinforce learning throughout the course experience.
The total course curriculum prepares professionals to take the Secure Mobile Developer Certification. The courses can be taken as a whole, or individually, based on the knowledge of the individual. Advanced mobile developers may want to take the certification to verify and certify their expertise.
Key features of the Secure Mobile Development Certification include:
- Secure Mobile Development interactive online courses give teams comprehensive training in all the current issues in mobile security -- from beginner through advanced intermediate.
- Secure Mobile Development Certification validates a team's expertise to their customers – It demonstrates 100% certification in skills and techniques recognized by the IEEE Computer Society.
- Get everyone on the same page – Newer staff members can get up to speed by taking the entire range of Secure Mobile Development courses and then getting certified. Advanced developers may want to go straight to certification.
- Get Control of Staff's Capabilities – Development skill comes in a lot of shapes and sizes. Train and certify teams with the mobile security gold standard from IEEE Computer Society.
While other security courses give professionals a small solution or limited view of mobile security, Secure Mobile Developer covers the landscape, taking on all the major issues – from beginner through advanced intermediate. Professionals who take the course will achieve:
- Enhanced application security
- Greater control of development
- More consistency between developers
- Assurance that all staff have the skills required
- Increased credibility with customers and prospects
Visit Secure Mobile Developer Courses here to sign up today.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society, the computing industry's unmatched source for technology information and career development, offers a comprehensive array of industry-recognized products, services and professional opportunities. Known as the community for technology leaders, IEEE Computer Society's vast resources include membership, publications, a renowned digital library, training programs, conferences, and top-trending technology events. Visit www.computer.org for more information on all products and services.
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society