DANVERS, Mass., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- The Progress Committee of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) included 24 OSRAM SYLVANIA products in its 2010 report of innovative industry developments. The North American lighting leader had the most products acknowledged for significant advancement to lighting and accepted into the IES Progress Report. These highly efficient, long life products from OSRAM SYLVANIA were presented at the IESNA Annual Conference, in Toronto, Canada.
Several of the accepted traditional lamp and ballast products are industry exclusive or industry leading in technology type and performance.
"Introducing several products deemed significant lighting advancements by a distinguished peer review in the annual IESNA Progress Report is very important," said Jeff Hoffman, OSRAM SYLVANIA senior vice president of Professional Lighting. "Our company has an incredibly rich technological history. We continue to further our research and development innovations and are honored to be recognized as a leader in high efficiency, high quality lamp and ballast systems."
OSRAM SYLVANIA had the most LED products recognized for notable progression to lighting and admitted into the IES Progress Report. Among the two dozen OSRAM SYLVANIA products accepted, eight LED products were included.
"We're pleased and honored to have so many of our LED products entered into the IES Progress Report," said Tom Shottes, OSRAM SYLVANIA senior vice president and general manager of Professional Solid State Lighting. "We will continue our commitment to leading the charge toward SSL technology and acceptance."
The Progress Committee was established to seek significant developments in the art and science of lighting and present a report of its findings to the Society at its annual conference. Each year the committee considers hundreds of submittals for inclusion the IES Progress Report. The committee, which is comprised of experts in the fields of sources, ballasts/power supplies, controls, luminaires and design to name a few, evaluates all entries and accepts only those which are considered unique and/or offer significant improvements over existing products available in the industry. The following OSRAM SYLVANIA products were selected in 2010 for inclusion:
- D6 area light LED retrofit kit
- LEDstixx® lighting system
- DL1100 directional LED light engine
- DLM1100 directional LED module
- HF2 Narrow Stick LED module
- Exterior LED light engine
- OPTOTRONIC® controllable LED power supply
- Ultra A-Line 12-watt LED lamp
- PENTRON® HO Seamless T5HO fluorescent lamps
- PENTRON® HO XL ECOLOGIC® 54-watt fluorescent lamps
- PENTRON® HO SUPERSAVER® ECOLOGIC 47-watt fluorescent lamps
- PENTRON® HO ECOLOGIC® SUPERSAVER® fluorescent lamp family extension
- DULUX® T/E SUPERSAVER® ECOLOGIC® compact fluorescent lamps
- DULUX D SUPERSAVER® ECOLOGIC® compact fluorescent lamps
- OCTRON® T8, PENTRON® T5, PENTRON® T5HO and T12 ECOLOGIC® fluorescent lamp and ballast systems
- ICETRON® induction lamp and ballast system extension
- OCTRON 800XP® XL T8 lamps
- METALARC® POWERBALL® Ceramic 15-watt TF and QUICKTRONIC® Super Mini lamp and ballast system
- METALARC® POWERBALL® Ceramic 200-watt lamp and ballast system
- METALARC® POWERBALL® Ceramic single ended tubular metal halide lamps
- LUMALUX® PLUS ECOLOGIC® high pressure sodium lamps
- QUICKTRONIC® High Efficiency (QHE) DALI dimming ballasts
- QUICKTRONIC® High Efficiency (QHE) MH electronic metal halide ballasts
- QUICKTRONIC® High Efficiency (QHE) PROStart® T5HO systems
For more information on these products and all product offerings from OSRAM SYLVANIA, please check out www.sylvania.com.
About OSRAM SYLVANIA
OSRAM SYLVANIA is a leader in lighting solutions that feature innovative design and energy saving technology. The company sells products for homes, businesses and vehicles primarily under the SYLVANIA brand name, and also under the OSRAM brand. Headquartered in Danvers, Mass., OSRAM SYLVANIA is the North American operation of OSRAM GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Siemens AG. For more information, visit www.sylvania.com.
SOURCE OSRAM SYLVANIA