SILICON VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trusper, the leading online tip sharing community with 18 million members, today announced the launch of "love it tip it"—a seven-week contest sure to transform the way millions of women realize their passions and cope with the challenges of family, work and personal style. Kicking off October 17th with appearances by Nina Garcia, Marie Claire magazine creative director and judge on TV's Project Runway, "love it tip it" encourages women to take charge of their lives by sharing tips and advice involving the hottest fashions, accessories, beauty items, foods, even household products. With "love it tip it,´ anything and everything that excites women to lead more fulfilling, beautiful, balanced and satisfying lives is just a tip away.
"Every woman has multiple roles to play—and in today's world they often compete. 'Fashionista Meets Mom,' the theme for 'love it tip it,' symbolizes this challenge," said Garcia. "Fortunately, Trusper exists to allow friends and fans to discover tips, tutorials and how-to guides on all sorts of valuable topics. By sharing the products they feel are the most useful or inspiring in their own lives, women can help transform the lives of others."
Trusper, available online as well as through iOS and Android apps for mobile devices, lets users quickly publish tips and tutorials along with pictures, video and captions. As the largest online social community of its kind, Trusper is the ideal way for friends, family and fans to easily share ideas and advice on hundreds of subjects.
As part of the "love it tip it" contest, many global fashion, beauty and home brands will also generate lifestyle tips under the theme of "Fashionista Meets Mom," to educate consumers about unique ways to use their products. Participating brands include CoverGirl, Vince Camuto, Fekkai Hair, Vidal Sassoon, Herbal Essences, Gap, Aussie, Olay, Bounce, Oral-B, Tampax/Always, Downy and Febreze, among others. For example, a good set of useful tips will be released from Tide Pods, who is partnering with the CFDA to give women access to high fashion clothes that are 100% machines washable.
Contest Tag: #tipit
To submit a tip to "love it tip it," Trusper users post their favorite tips on the Trusper app using the tag #tipit. Tips can be in any of six categories: Fashion, Beauty, Health, Food, Home and Family. Ideas should include links to relevant products and fashion items. Examples of tips include:
- 2014 Fall Dresses: What's In & Out
- 21 Colors & Hues That'll Light Up Your Living Room
- Detoxifying Organically With Dior One Essential
- 10-Minute Meals Your Kids Will Love
- No bugs With Bounce Dryer Sheet At The Family BBQ
Trusper readers can pick their favorite tips and share them with other Trusper readers as well as on various social media sites.
Each week of the seven week contest, the most popular tips as determined by total engagement will be narrowed by Nina Garcia and a panel of Trusper judges for a Hot Tips listing. Seventy (70) Hot Tips will be published weekly. Valuable Trusper Reward Points will be given to the Tippers of these 70 Hot Tips.
777 Amazing Giveaway Prizes
To encourage Trusper community participation, 777 prizes will be awarded at random to lucky Trusper users during "love it tip it" contest period—111 per week. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of any of the 50 states of the U.S. or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years old or older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Any qualified registered Trusper user who views a tip is automatically entered in the prize drawings. For each day (between 12:00:00 AM PDT and 11:59:59 PM PDT) during a Weekly Sweepstakes Period that a Trusper user views one or more tips on the App, that user will receive one entry into that particular Weekly Sweepstakes (entries limited to one entry per person per day, and up to seven (7) entries per person per Weekly Sweepstakes Period).
- 14 Grand Prizes
- Many of the season's most obsessed-over high fashion designer bags, shoes, watches and accessories from Chanel, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Vince Camuto and others, with values ranging as high as $4,900. Top prizes include a Chanel Classic Quilted Bag, Cartier Tank Watch, Louis Vuitton Marly BB Bag, Christian Louboutin Ankle Boot and Salvatore Ferragamo Hobo bag, as well as other products from Prada, Burberry, Jimmy Choo, Tory Burch, Chloe, Vince Camuto and Stuart Weitzman. To support this women lifestyle tip sharing community, Nina Garcia is giving away a Nancy Gonzales Black Crocodile Clutch from her personal collection.
- 49 Gold Prizes
- Valuable consumer lifestyle gifts, gift cards and discount coupons from leading fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands and retailers including Gap, Tracy Reese, Tide Pods, Sephora, Pantene, Bounty, Vince Camuto, and others (minimum value $100).
- 714 Silver Prizes
- Hundreds of valuable consumer lifestyle gifts, gift cards and discount coupons from leading fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands and retailers including to leading fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands or retailers including Aussie, Amazon, Bounty, Gap, Home Depot, iTune, Pantene, Secret, Tide, and others (minimum value $30).
Trusted Online Community
"Trusper is the ultimate online community where "trusted helpers"—typically friends and family—share their very best advice on the subjects that matter most to them," said Jack Jia, founder/CEO of Trusper. "'love it tip it' is a great way for anyone to learn what Trusper is all about—and to stay up-to-date on the lifestyle, fashion and beauty tips that can help women be great in every aspect of their busy lives."
The "love it tip it" contest runs from October 29 to December 17, 2014. For complete contest rules and prize descriptions in the "love it tip it" giveaway, visit www.trusper.com/sweepstakes.
Trusper (www.trusper.com) is a website and free mobile app for iOS and Android devices that allows people to quickly share and discover tips of daily life with trusted friends, family, and fans. Over 18 million people currently use Trusper to look for and sharing tips on cosmetics, beauty, DIY and other areas of interest. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Trusper has received $26 million in funding from DCM and other institional investors, Charles Schwab, Bob Gunderson, Mark Thompson, and founders/CEOs of major tech companies including WebEx, Fortinet, Interwoven, Netscreen, Telenav, and Juniper Networks.