SAN FRANCISCO, October 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global image-guided and robot-assisted surgical procedures market size is expected to reach USD 5.6 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 14.6% over the forecast period. Increasing number of complex surgeries, trauma cases, and rapid technological advancements in image-guided robots are expected to propel revenue growth in this market.
Surgical procedures have witnessed a transformation due to technological advancements such as microscopic cameras, three-dimensional (3D) imaging, motion sensors, and remote navigation and robotic catheter control systems in image-guided robots. This in turn, has enhanced surgical outcomes. Introduction of surgical robots is another factor influencing overall positive health outcomes owing to reduced surgical time and errors. Da Vinci Surgical robot is the most widely used system for complex surgeries. It is accompanied by computer-enhanced system and enhances its capability of performing laparoscopic surgeries.
Urology surgery was the dominant procedure segment of the global image-guided and robot-assisted surgical procedures market with a share of 38% in 2016. Some of the urological surgeries performed by medical robots include prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy, cystectomy, and pyeloplasty. Da Vinci system is also used to perform complex gynecological procedures such as hysterectomy and sacrocolpopexy. Adoption in surgical procedures helps reduce blood loss and recovery period. Increasing number of surgical procedures using Da Vinci system is expected to drive overall market growth in near future.
North America accounted for the largest share in the global image-guided and robot-assisted surgical procedures market followed by Europe in 2016. U.S. accounted for 58.8% of the total global market share in 2016 mainly due to higher penetration of robotics and increasing awareness about minimally-invasive surgeries. Developing economies such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa have witnessed lower adoption owing to the existence of price-sensitive end users. Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a CAGR of 16.4% over the forecast period owing to factors such as improving healthcare infrastructure and increasing penetration of image-guided robots. These factors are expected to contribute to regional demand in near future.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Image-Guided & Robot-Assisted Surgical Procedures Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Specialty Type (Gynecologic, Urologic, General, Cardiothoracic, Head & Neck) And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/image-guided-and-robot-assisted-surgery-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- North America held the largest market share in 2016 due to high investment, increasing demand for robot-assisted surgeries, and adoption of robotics
- The U.S. was the largest market with 58.8% of the global market share in terms of revenue in 2016
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market at a CAGR of 16.4% between 2017 and 2025 owing to rising demand and technological advancements
- Some of the key players in the image-guided and robot-assisted surgical procedures market are Crouse Hospital, St. Vincent, St. Clair Hospital, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Atlantic Health System, The Princess Grace Hospital, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd., Medanta The Medicity, and George Washington University Hospital.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Nuclear Medicine Equipment Market - The global nuclear medicine equipment market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2015.
- Atherectomy Devices Market - The global atherectomy devices market size was valued at USD 488.04 million in 2016 and is projected to grow with CAGR of 6.97% over the forecast period.
- Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Market - The global transcatheter pulmonary valve market size was valued at USD 31.01 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period.
- Phototherapy Equipment Market - The global phototherapy equipment market size was valued at USD 481.5 million in 2016 and is anticipated to witness an attractive growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global image-guided and robot-assisted surgical procedures market on the basis of specialty type and region:
- Image-guided and Robot-assisted Surgical Procedures Specialty Outlook (Revenue, USD, 2014 - 2025)
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Urologic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Head & Neck Specialties
- Image-guided and Robot-assisted Surgical Procedures Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.