HOPKINTON, Mass., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forrester Research, Inc. positions EMC Captiva as a "Leader" in its August 2012 report, "The Forrester Wave: Multichannel Capture Q3 2012."
- Evaluation based on current offerings, strategy, and market presence.
- EMC Captiva receives the highest score possible in Intelligent Data Capture, a key capability in the automated document capture process.
- Forrester cites several other strengths, including EMC Captiva as an extensible capture solution, enabling businesses to react to challenges and opportunities in real time by extending the point of capture and the types of devices to the front office, mobile devices, and outside organizational boundaries.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Forrester Research, Inc. has positioned EMC® Captiva® as a Leader in its August 2012 report, "The Forrester Wave™: Multichannel Capture, Q3 2012."
According to Forrester, capture has extended beyond the single dimension of paper scanning in one or two primary locations to become the multichannel, distributed onramp for acquiring information.
Forrester identified EMC as a Leader for leveraging capture to streamline business processes and offering an extensible capture solution, providing an on-ramp to EMC's case management platform, and enabling businesses to react to challenges and opportunities in real time by extending the point of capture and the types of devices to the front office, to mobile devices, and outside organizational boundaries. Forrester also cited EMC OnDemand, for optimizing capture support in private, hybrid and public cloud infrastructures.
EMC Captiva delivers a single platform for capturing all types of business information, moving beyond paper to include office documents formats, email and other electronic documents. It is uniquely-positioned for managing incoming documents and executing document-driven business processes.
EMC Captiva enterprise capture solution enables organizations to transform paper from a liability into business advantage by converting documents into application-ready information. By delivering a complete intelligent enterprise capture solution, EMC provides both centralized and distributed Web-based capture, intelligent document recognition, and enterprise-class scalability to connect to business systems, content repositories, and workflow processes across multiple departments and locations.
EMC Executive Quote:
Rohit Ghai, Vice President, Products, EMC Information Intelligence Group
"We're pleased by Forrester's validation of, what we consider to be our industry leadership in multichannel capture, and our strong position in Intelligent Data Capture, as it is key requirement for enterprise customers. Integrating our industry-leading capture solution with full Enterprise Content Management, case management and governance capabilities enable EMC to distinguish Captiva from other offerings. Our focus, industry expertise and constant innovation reflect our commitment to winning this market."
- Download the Forrester report
- Join the AIIM Webinar on August 29th
- Learn more about EMC Captiva
- Join the EMC Captiva communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and SlideShare
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and Captiva are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation