BOSTON, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- India's wood fiber deficit is forecast to more than double between 2011 and 2021, placing increased emphasis on imports, according to a study released today by RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. 2013 India's Forest Products Industry Outlook examines India's development as the world's next substantial wood fiber import market after China.
"Due to regulations in India, companies are not permitted to own land in any significant amount, and therefore can't develop their own company plantations. With limited opportunity for domestic growth, India's need for imported wood fiber is expected to be sustained for several decades. However, we do not expect India's growth trajectory to follow the same explosive patterns as China," said Robert Flynn, Director of International Timber at RISI.
2013 India's Forest Products Industry Outlook explores the similarities and differences between the economic development and forest industry evolution of India and China over the last five years. This study provides10-year historical data on India's forest products trade, and forecasts imports of logs, lumber and pulp and paper products through 2021.
- Details on overseas sources of key forest products for India
- Constraints on timber availability
- Profile of plantation forestry development in India
- Analysis of India's infrastructure limitations, and developments in ports, roads and energy production
- 10-year historical data on imports of softwood and hardwood logs, softwood and hardwood lumber, wood panels, wood furniture, pulp, recovered fiber, printing & writing paper, newsprint, tissue, containerboard and boxboard
- Comparison of India and China's forest resources, energy and demographic trends and trade in forest products
- Profile and analysis of India's forest products industry and market trends, including major companies
- Forecast of India's wood fiber deficit to 2021, including forecast of imports of logs (softwood, teak and other hardwood), lumber(softwood and hardwood), wood panels and pulp and paper
For more information on this study, please visit www.risi.com/indiaforestproducts
About RISI (www.risi.com)
Owned by UBM plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue, nonwovens, printing and publishing industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
About UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For Press Enquiries, please contact: