CORAL GABLES, Fla., April 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The University of Miami School of Business Administration today announced the appointment of 12 real estate industry leaders to its new Real Estate Programs Advisory Board. The Board is chaired by Steve Witkoff, the chairman and CEO of The Witkoff Group LLC, a New York City-based real estate investment firm, whose holdings include Manhattan's famous Woolworth Building. The Board also includes other prominent real estate industry leaders from South Florida and across the nation. The full board includes:
- Paul Amoruso, Managing Director, Oxford & Simpson Realty Inc
- Tere Blanca, President and CEO, Blanca Commercial Real Estate
- Michael Comras, Principal, Comras Company
- Malcolm Butters, President, Butters Construction and Development
- Howard Lorber, President and CEO, Vector Group, Ltd
- David Luski, President and CEO, DRA Advisors LLC
- Noelia Moreno, President, Latin Builders Association
- Scott Panzer, Vice Chairman, New York Region, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Mark Rose, Chairman and CEO, Avison Young Inc.
- Gary Trock, Senior Vice President, CBRE Retail Services
- Scott Sime, President, Holly Sime Realty
- Steve Witkoff, Chairman and CEO, The Witkoff Group LLC
The Board will advise the School on the development of its real estate curriculum, which includes an undergraduate business major, a Bachelor of Architecture/MBA program offered jointly with the University's School of Architecture, an MBA concentration and a Master in Real Estate Development and Urbanism (MRED+U) program offered in partnership with the School of Architecture and School of Law. The board will also help the School establish and promote a new Center for Real Estate Studies and Research.
"We are very fortunate to have such a distinguished group of individuals helping to guide us in the ongoing development academic programs and other initiatives focused on the real estate sector," said Barbara E. Kahn, dean of the School of Business Administration. "As real estate has increasingly become integrated into the economy of South Florida and around the world, it has become a key strategic area for the School, and the board will help us solidify a place as a leader in real estate education and thought leadership."
About the University of Miami School of Business Administration
The University of Miami School of Business Administration is a comprehensive business school, offering undergraduate business, full-time MBA, Executive MBA, MS, Ph.D. and non-degree executive education programs. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Miami, the School is located in a major hub of international trade and commerce and acclaimed for the global orientation and diversity of its faculty, students and curriculum. The School delivers its programs at its main campus in Coral Gables as well as at locations across Florida and abroad. More information about the University of Miami School of Business can be found at www.bus.miami.edu.
SOURCE University of Miami School of Business Administration