NEW YORK, March 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- On May 16-18, 2017, the dynamic community of fine and specialty chemical leaders will gather in Philadelphia, PA at InformEx, the world's leading show for the high-value specialty chemicals marketplace. Now in its 33rd year, InformEx will host a world-class conference program for the first time: InformEx Connect. InformEx Connect delivers an educational program designed specifically for executives working in fine and specialty chemicals with a focus on thought leadership related to innovations in chemistry, regulatory issues impacting the fine and specialty chemical sectors, and the future of the business of chemicals.
Powered by the expertise of the American Chemical Society (ACS), the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), the Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA), and UBM's rich programming resources, the InformEx Connect Conference is unlike any program ever assembled. Held alongside CPhI Connect, a conference focusing on the latest in drug manufacturing, development and outsourcing, delegates of InformEx Connect have access to both lineups – more than 55 speakers at more than 44 sessions across eight tracks. The Connect Conferences will help industry professionals navigate a rapidly evolving regulatory, strategic and technological landscape.
In addition to the two Connect Conferences, InformEx Connect delegates also have access to the InformEx show floor, including access to 630 suppliers from the diverse fine and specialty chemicals marketplace, as well as the complete pharmaceutical supply chain at CPhI North America.
InformEx Connect Conference Program Packed with Specialty Chemical Thought Leaders
InformEx Connect will contain four tracks: The Business of Chemicals, AgroChem Spotlight, Regulatory Spotlight, and ChemInnovation. The program will offer perspectives on a wide assortment of pressing topics within the specialty chemicals industry from speakers such as:
- John Foley, CEO, ORG Chemicals Holding, LLC (KMCO LLC, KMTEX LLC)
- Joe Dettinger, Director EHS&S and Government Relations, Bimax, Inc.
- Jack Drawdy, Vice President - Sales & Business Development, MFG Chemical, Inc.
- Michael Ott, President and CEO, Polysciences, Inc.
- Lalit Baregama, PhD, General Manager-Global Business Development, Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Brendan K. Collins, Partner, Ballard Spahr
- David Conlon, Senior Principal Scientist, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Ian W. Davies, Department of Process and Analytical Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co. Inc.
- André H.M. de Vries, PhD, Business Director, Innosyn
- Jerry Green, President, Green Ways Consulting
- Antonio Hernandez-Cardoso, Senior Scientific Liaison, U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention
- Yair Holtzman, CPA, MBA, MS, CGMA, Partner, R&D Tax Credits Practice Leader, Global Chemicals & Life Sciences Practice Groups Leader, Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Accountants and Advisors
- Steven Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP, President, AIHA & Associate Professor and Chair Dept of Environmental Health Science, Indiana University Fairbanks School of Public Health
- Rose Passarella, Ph.D., J.D., Senior Manager, Regulatory – Chemicals, Health, Environmental & Regulatory Services (HERS), Intertek
- Lawrence Sloan, CAE Chief Executive Officer, AIHA
"We are incredibly excited that for the first time in 33 years, InformEx will offer attendees a robust Connect Conference program. Along with our partners ACS, SOCMA, and USP, we recognized this education was much needed to help specialty chemical professionals keep pace with the rapid speed of change," said Joseph Marks, Event Director, CPhI North America and InformEx.
To view the full InformEx Connect program schedule go to schedule.informex.com.
Participate in the Epicenter of Specialty Chemical Innovation
Don't miss this opportunity for partnership creation, networking, education, and much more on May 16-18, 2017 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA. With a unique blend of unprecedented global influence and the infrastructure to advance relationships between buyers and sellers, InformEx will provide a marketplace of solutions and ideas for the specialty chemical industry like no other.
Learn more and register today at www.informex.com.
InformEx is the must-attend industry conference and tradeshow for the fine and specialty chemical industry. For more than 30 years, InformEx has brought more than 2,500 decision-makers and thought leaders together with new suppliers, solutions, and approaches. It is the premier event for buyers and sellers seeking to create profitable relationships, expand partnerships, and network with key industry players. InformEx 2017 will be held adjacent to the inaugural edition of CPhI North America, tremendously expanding InformEx's reach within and exposure to the full pharmaceutical value chain. In addition, InformEx is the leading event for professionals within the broader energy, food, cosmetics, and agrochemicals fields, as well as other strategic verticals within the specialty chemical industry.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and power sports, health care, veterinary, and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge, and connections.
The division also includes UBM Brazil's market-leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics and international trade, and agricultural production and UBM Mexico's construction, advanced manufacturing, and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/informex-2017-to-include-connect-conference-program-for-the-first-time--lineup-announced-300426770.html