NEW YORK, February 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Infosys today announced the launch of BigDataEdge to radically simplify the complex task of analyzing Big Data to discover relevant information. By empowering business users to rapidly develop insights from vast amounts of structured and unstructured data, better business decisions can be made in near real-time. With Infosys BigDataEdge, enterprises can reduce the time taken to extract information by up to 40 percent and generate insights up to eight times faster.
Infosys BigDataEdge includes:
- A rich visual interface with more than 50 customizable dashboards and 250 built-in algorithms. These algorithms, a set of reusable business rules both function and industry-specific, enable business teams to self-serve the process of building insights while minimizing the need for technical intervention
- Over 50 data source connectors, which allow easy access to structured and unstructured data residing across enterprise and external sources. This would enable acceleration of discovery of relevant information from existing, underutilized data
- A powerful collaboration wall and pre-built workflows that allow teams across functions to interact on insights and collectively implement decisions
- A Logical Data Warehouse providing a virtual data management architecture, eliminates the need for physical availability of data to build and test insights
- 'Out-of-the-box' applications for specific industry needs such as fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics and monitoring, and customer micro-segmentation that deliver faster returns on investment
Announcing the new platform, Vishnu Bhat, Vice President and Global Head - Cloud, Infosys, said, "Enterprises today cannot afford to spend an inordinate amount of time making sense of the data deluge that surrounds them. Infosys BigDataEdge draws upon our deep research and development capabilities and proven expertise in Big Data and analytics to help clients turn data into revenues faster. This unique platform is already enabling ten global organizations to develop actionable insights in a matter of days and act on them from day one."
Cetin Ozbutun, Vice President, Data Warehousing and Big Data Technologies, Oracle®, said: "Big Data can provide our customers with superior agility and insight to make better business decisions. Infosys has demonstrated the ability to deliver needed skills for Oracle's Big Data solutions, as well as for Oracle®'s industry leading data warehousing and analytics platforms. The Infosys BigDataEdge platform leverages Oracle® Big Data Appliance and Oracle® Exadata Database Machine to help our clients acquire, organize, analyze, and take action on these insights and produce a faster return on their Big Data investments."
Tim Stevens, Vice President, Corporate and Business Development at Cloudera, said, "In this era of Big Data, organizations are demanding that actionable insights be both timely and cost-effective if they are to provide real competitive advantage. The Infosys BigDataEdge solution fully utilizes Cloudera's industry leading technologies to enable enterprises to process their structured and unstructured data assets and gain real-time actionable insights with ease."
Mark Beyer, Research Vice President, Gartner, said, "The Logical Data Warehouse is a new data management architecture for analytics which combines the strengths of traditional repository warehouses with alternative data management and access strategy. Logical Data Warehouse is the answer to address the Big Data needs and enterprises should choose Big Data platforms that embrace this approach."
'Ray' Wang, Principal Analyst and CEO, Constellation Research, Inc., added, "As organizations shift from real-time to right time, organizations seek relevant insight in order to make business decisions. Big Data must be relevant and contextual in order to deliver business value. Constellation sees the rise of Big Data hubs as one of many key solutions in reducing the complexity and improving context."
1. Gartner, Hype Cycle for Information Infrastructure, 2012 , Mark A. Beyer, Roxane Edjlali, 21 June 2012
2. Gartner, Understanding the Logical Data Warehouse: The Emerging Practice, Mike Blechar, 31 July 2012
- Click to download the BigDataEdge infographic
- Click to download the BigDataEdge brochure
- Click here for the Infosys BigDataEdge video
- Read the Infosys Big Data blog here
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology, and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals. Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE : INFY ), with its 150,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended June 30, 2012, September 30, 2012 and December 31, 2012.These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company, unless required by law.
For Further information please contact:
Abhijith Karthikeya D
Paul De Lara