FREMONT, Calif., May 18 /PRNewswire/ --
- Air Liquide, the world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment, confirmed the successful completion of its European process harmonization and SAP implementation program for ALBV, its subsidiary in The Netherlands with the help of Infosys Technologies (Nasdaq: INFY). The deployment was completed in seven months, making it one of the fastest implementations at any Air Liquide subsidiary.
- Air Liquide moved swiftly to complete the OPERA roll-out in The Netherlands within seven months, instead of the standard 18 months it had taken in many previous implementations. ALBV, the company's Dutch subsidiary, wanted an accelerated plan to retire legacy applications to support its goals to streamline its operations and avoid prohibitive maintenance costs. In fact, many of Air Liquide's European offices had already implemented the company's OPERA solutions, consisting of SAP ECC 5.0 and SAP SRM 5.0. Infosys studied data from over 30 custom built applications across various domains and combined these into one integrated system. The engagement was completed with a savings on the original budgeted cost.
- Air Liquide selected Infosys because of its proven capabilities in carrying out large scale Business Transformation programs for manufacturers worldwide and its preferred partner status with SAP. The choice was bolstered by Infosys' understanding of AL's business operations and processes, use of proprietary frameworks that resulted in improved time-to-market and its track record in adhering to strict timelines.
- "By working with Infosys we've been able to develop a standardized business process model and reap the benefits of having a common IT landscape for Air Liquide in Europe," said Alain de La Rocheterie, CIO Europe. "We're now able to close our books significantly faster than before."
- "The completion schedule seemed difficult but our experience with more than 100 manufacturers globally and the unique domain knowledge of the processes helped us complete the project in half the time as previous deployments," said Nitesh Bansal, Associate Vice President, Process Manufacturing-Europe, Infosys Technologies. "We look forward to strengthening our partnership with Air Liquide in the months ahead."
Industry Expert: Sriram Vishwanathan, Infosys Technologies
Media Contact: Peter McLaughlin, Infosys Technologies, +11 (213) 268-9363
About Air Liquide
Air Liquide is the world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment, and is present in over 75 countries with 42,300 employees. Oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and rare gases have been at the core of Air Liquide's activities since its creation in 1902. Using these molecules, Air Liquide continuously reinvents its business, anticipating the needs of current and future markets. The Group innovates to enable progress, to achieve dynamic growth and a consistent performance.
Innovative technologies that curb polluting emissions, lower industry's energy use, recover and reuse natural resources or develop the energies of tomorrow, such as hydrogen, biofuels or photovoltaic energy... Oxygen for hospitals, homecare, fighting nosocomial infections... Air Liquide combines many products and technologies to develop valuable applications and services not only for its customers but also for society.
A partner for the long term, Air Liquide relies on employee commitment, customer trust and shareholder support to pursue its vision of sustainable, competitive growth. The diversity of Air Liquide's teams, businesses, markets and geographic presence provides a solid and sustainable base for its development and strengthens its ability to push back its own limits, conquer new territories and build its future.
Air Liquide explores the best that air can offer to preserve life, staying true to its sustainable development approach. In 2009, the Group's revenues amounted to euro 12 billion, of which almost 80% were generated outside France. Air Liquide is listed on the Paris Euronext stock exchange (compartment A) and is a member of the CAC 40 and Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50 indexes.
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Infosys (Nasdaq: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 113,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2009, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
Copyright © 2010 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
SAP, R/3, my SAP, my SAP.com, xApps, xApp, SAP NetWeaver and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. Data contained in this document serve informational purposes only. National product specifications may vary..