KANSAS CITY, Mo., June 21 /PRNewswire/ -- National consumerism leaders from major health insurance companies will share best practices for consumer directed health (CDH) plans at a Lockton Companies client conference at the Overland Park Convention Center on June 24 at 8:00 a.m.
"Employers will learn from a who's who of the health services industry, the people who are helping to make consumer directed plans the fastest growing health plans in America," said Rick Kahle, President of Lockton's benefits operation in Kansas City. "We see increased interest in these plans in the wake of the new health reform law."
Conference panelists for this invitation-only event include:
- Kathy Campbell, Aetna, Head of Product Engineering
- Vicki Whichard, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Director Consumer Directed Plans:
- John Young, CIGNA, Vice President of Consumerism
- Lois Gargotto, Humana, Vice President of Market & Business Operations
- Nancy Brock, United Healthcare, National Vice President, Consumer Strategy
"The empirical data is in, and consumer-directed plans work," says Lockton Companies conference panel moderator John Young of CIGNA. "In study after study during the past few years we have seen that CDH plans bend the cost curve in a positive way and improve health. But while we expect the popularity of these plans to continue to increase, we in the health service business need to ensure that we deploy the best designs, incentives, communications and innovation to ensure that CDH plans continue to deliver on their promise of improved health care costs and quality."
Lockton Companies conference panel best practices discussions will focus on:
- Pre-adoption and enrollment strategies for consumer-directed health plans
- Plan design and plan feature integration
- Incentive programs to improve health and costs
- Communication strategies for engaging employees
- Plan innovation
About the Conference
The Lockton Companies Conference will be held at the Overland Park Convention Center, 6000 College Boulevard in Overland Park, KS on June 24 from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Reporters are welcome to attend. Contact Dean Davison at 816-960-9309.
About Lockton Companies
More than 3,800 professionals at Lockton provide more than 15,000 clients around the world with insurance, benefits, surety and risk management services, offering an uncommon level of client service. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Lockton has grown to become the 10th largest insurance broker in the world. You can learn more at www.lockton.com.