WABAN, Mass., Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group recently published its annual Product and Relationship Satisfaction of IT Clients, 2016 which rates 62 technology vendors based on feedback from 800 IT decision makers within large North American organizations.
The research examines eight areas of satisfaction; four that deal with products & services and four that examine relationships. Tech vendors earned the highest satisfaction level for innovation (64%) and the lowest for cost of ownership (56%).
Five tech vendors earned satisfaction levels of 70% or more across the eight areas: Intel (74%), Google (73%), HP outsourcing (73%), IBM SPSS (71%), and Apple (70%). At the other end of the spectrum, three vendors earned average satisfaction levels below 50%: Cognizant (49%), Sage (49%), and Unisys (46%).
Over the previous year, satisfaction levels increased across all eight dimensions. The overall average satisfaction increased from 55% to 61%. The largest improvement was in product/service quality (+11 percentage-points) and the smallest increase was in cost of ownership (+1 point).
"It's great to see the tech industry getting better in serving its enterprise clients," states Bruce Temkin, Managing Partner of Temkin Group.
Here are the leaders across the four areas of product/service satisfaction:
- Features: With a rating of 79% in product features, Intel is two percentage points higher than the next company, Google.
- Quality: With a rating of 74% in product quality, Apple and IBM IT services are one percentage point higher than the next companies, Intel, Google, and Cognizant outsourcing.
- Flexibility: Google's rating of 73% in product flexibility outpaces second place HP outsourcing by one percentage point.
- Ease of use: With an average rating of 78% in product ease of use, NetApp is three percentage points higher than the next company, Intel.
Here are the leaders across the four areas of relationship satisfaction:
- Tech support: With a rating of 76% in tech support, HP outsourcing is one percentage point higher than the next company, Intel.
- Account team support: With a rating of 76% in account team support, Intel is three percentage points higher than the next company, Nuance.
- Cost of ownership: With a rating of 76% in cost of ownership, HP outsourcing is three percentage points higher than the next company, IBM SPSS.
- Innovation: With a rating of 80% in innovation, Google is one percentage point higher than the next company, Intel.
For more information about Temkin Group, visit www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
About Bruce Temkin: Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience visionary and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters® (ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com). Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker and regularly quoted in the press. He is also the co-founder of the Customer Experience Professionals Association.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/intel-google-and-hp-lead-deliver-best-products-and-relationships-according-to-new-temkin-group-research-300203618.html
SOURCE Temkin Group