HUNT VALLEY, Md., April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Masters of flame, rejoice! Today, McCormick & Company (NYSE: MKC), a global leader in flavor, is releasing its annual McCormick® Flavor Forecast® 2016: GRILLING EDITION. This grilling-specific report reveals the flavors and techniques that will be firing up grills and inspiring backyard bashes all season long — from bold Brazilian sauces to brazen burger rubs and elevated Japanese marinades.
"The summer of 2016 will be all about incorporating smoky, spicy, tangy flavors in new ways we've never seen before," said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. "For instance, cabbage goes way beyond coleslaw – flavor thick-cut cabbage steaks with a smoky sweet marinade, grill then top with bacon and blue cheese for the ultimate grilled side."
The smokin' trends from the Flavor Forecast 2016: GRILLING EDITION include:
- Bold Brazilian Sauces – With all eyes on Brazil this summer, it's time to discover the country's range of vibrant signature sauces – from fruity to fiery – that jack up skewered meats.
- TRY IT NOW: Red Chimichurri Sauce – This red hot version of the classic chimichurri sauce gets big flavor from cumin, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper -- the perfect finish for skewered meats flavored with a Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade.
- Brazen Burger Rubs - Take rubs beyond steaks and ribs. Over-the-top burgers get a knockout punch from flavorful spice rubs that create a caramelized outer layer.
- TRY IT NOW: Smoky Maple & Sage Breakfast Pork Burger – Rubbed with a smoky, herb and pepper blend, this ground pork burger is then sandwiched between two Belgian waffles drizzled with syrup and topped with melty cheddar, crispy bacon and a fried egg.
- Savory "Steaks" - Prove your grill game with seasoned fruit and veggie "steaks." Marinate them, grill and load with bacon, toasted coconut, cheese, nuts and more for surprising sides, shared apps and meatless mains.
- TRY IT NOW: Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon & Blue Cheese – Cabbage goes from bland to bold when soaked with a Smoky Applewood Marinade then "beefed" up with crispy, crumbled bacon and blue cheese.
- Heat + Tang + Smoke - Fresh chilies paired with tangy vinegars and mustards offer a daring flavor contrast when fired up with smoke.
- TRY IT NOW: Grilled Chicken Po Boy Sandwich with Spicy Creole Mustard Sauce – A twist on the iconic sandwich, this grilled version combines Creole mustard, charred orange vinegar and hot blackened pepper for a mouth-watering sandwich that will get your taste buds tappin'.
- East Meets Grill - Create zesty Asian marinades and sauces on the fly with a simple equation: Sweet + Soy + Spice. Just swap spices for next-level Japanese, Malaysian, Thai or Korean flavors.
- TRY IT NOW: 7 Spice Teriyaki Shrimp with Spicy Citrus Yum Yum Sauce – Marinate shrimp in an amped up Japanese 7 Spice version of the classic teriyaki, then dunk in a creamy Yum Yum sauce for a grilled shrimp dish that's the real deal.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
About Grilling Flavor Forecast
The McCormick® Flavor Forecast 2016: GRILLING EDITION reveals the latest trends and flavors sizzling on grills across North America this season. Since 2010, McCormick chefs, culinary professionals, trend trackers and food technologists have stoked backyard cooks' creativity with new flavors, recipes and techniques. This special grilling edition builds on McCormick's 16-year history of releasing its annual Flavor Forecast report, which identifies the top trends and ingredients shaping the future of flavor.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/introducing-five-grate-trends-for-the-grill-300251383.html
SOURCE McCormick & Company