CINCINNATI, Jan. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Much like a capsule wardrobe, timeless surface designs never go out of style. Formica Corporation and Leanne Ford, interior designer and star of HGTV's "Restored by the Fords," announced today the launch of the Formica® Brand Capsule Collection, a curated set of essential Formica® Brand surfacing products hand-selected by Ford.
The 14-piece collection includes four new Formica® Brand Laminate patterns, and 10 of Ford's personal favorites from the company's specialty lines.
"The Formica® Brand Capsule Collection features surfaces that are inspired by natural elements and neutral colors, and can be used to create a timeless space," said Leanne Ford, interior designer and Formica Corporation's creative partner. "I love the aesthetics and the functionality of these surfaces. There is something for everyone, and this collection features 14 different surface options that can transform any space."
Get to know the Formica® Brand Capsule Collection, curated by Leanne Ford:
The 14-piece collection draws on Ford's signature style and includes:
Four new Formica® Laminate designs:
- Nero Marquina: An elevated, strong black design originally based on marble from the region of Markina in the north of Spain.
- White Knotty Maple: A raw and rustic natural woodgrain that maintains a sophisticated effect.
- Pietra Grafite: A classic gray stone with signature white veining for a subdued, sophisticated look.
- Planked Raw Oak: A light, weathered Scandinavian-style woodgrain mellowed by sun and rain.
Additional timeless designs from the Formica® Brand portfolio of products:
- Brite White: A crisp and versatile 100% white from Formica® Solid Surfacing line.
- Black ChalkAble™: A solid black chalkboard, part of the Formica® Writable Surfaces line .
- White Painted Wood: A subtle white painted woodgrain Formica® Laminate pattern.
Three designs from the DecoMetal® Laminates line:
- Brushed Pewter Aluminum: A cool-toned pewter metallic.
- Brushed Bronzetone Aluminum: A bronze design with the appearance of subtle brushstrokes.
- Brushed Black Aluminum: A noir-inspired graphite metallic.
Four premium designs from dECOLeather® Recycled Leather Veneer:
- Bianco Buffalo: A neutral white in a subtle, luxurious texture.
- Antique Black Crocodile: A black coffee tone in a shiny, rich texture.
- Gray Thunder Crocodile: A beautiful mid-tone gray with a glossy touch.
- Coal Crocodile: A sleek, true black with an elegant, exotic texture.
"I like to mix materials in my designs and to try new things in unexpected ways," Ford said. "Formica Corporation allowed me to play with a variety of patterns and colors in this collection. I hope that it inspires people to use these surfaces in fresh, innovative ways."
Ford encourages homeowners to try using the DecoMetal® Laminates to create a glamorous headboard, create a unique closet door in a stone-inspired design, or a woodgrain-style backsplash or premium dECOLeather® shelving in a home office.
For more information on the Formica® Brand Capsule Collection, please visit Formica.com/Capsule.
About Leanne Ford
In addition to starring in a popular home renovation series, designer Leanne Ford is also a new creative partner of Formica Corporation. Ford hails from Pittsburgh, and gained fame with her signature "white on white" aesthetic. She brings her easygoing nature and personal style to approachable, welcoming spaces. Her work is featured in Architectural Digest, Country Living, Domino, GQ, Lonny, Elle Decor, Martha Stewart, Better Homes and Gardens, Redbook, MyDomaine, Refinery 29, the New York Times, and more. She is currently the star, along with her brother and contractor Steve Ford, of Restored by the Fords on HGTV, which follows the siblings as they turn some of Pittsburgh's most dated buildings into magazine-worthy homes. As the designer and "house whisperer," Leanne is the brains behind each project while Steve uses his "MacGyver-like" carpentry skills to bring her crazy, over the top ideas to life.
About Formica Corporation
Founded in 1913, Formica Corporation, part of the Formica Group of companies, is a leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative surfacing products for commercial and residential applications. For more information about Formica Corporation, its products, special programs and promotions, visit www.formica.com or call 1-800-FORMICA™.
About Formica Group
Formica Group is a global group of companies consisting of Formica Canada Inc., Formica Corporation, Formica de Mexico S.A. de C.V., Formica IKI Oy, Formica Skandinavien AB, Formica Limited, Formica S.A., Formica S.A.S., Formica Taiwan Corporation, Formica (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Formica (Asia) Ltd., Formica Decorative Materials (China) Co., Ltd. and Homapal GmbH, among others. The Formica Group of companies is part of the International Business division of Fletcher Building.
Please Note: Formica®, dECOLeather®, DecoMetal®, Formica® Surfaces. For Real®, and the Formica® Anvil Logo, are registered trademarks of The Diller Corporation.
1-800-FORMICA™ is a trademark of The Diller Corporation.
All rights reserved. ©2019 The Diller Corporation. A member of the Fletcher Building Group.
SOURCE Formica Corporation