RA'ANANA, Israel, Sept. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Inuitive, a developer of cutting edge 3D computer vision and image processors has introduced the NU4000, a superior multi-core vision processor that supports 3D Imaging, Deep Learning and Computer Vision processing for Augmented and Virtual Reality, Drones, Robots and other applications. This next generation processor enables high quality depth sensing, "On-chip SLAM," Computer Vision and Deep Learning (CNN) capabilities in affordable form factor and minimized power consumption, leading the way for smarter user experiences.
Combining high performance and flexibility, the powerful core-processors backed by hardware accelerators reduce latency to less than 1mSec, delivering an enhanced augmented and virtual reality experience. The NU4000's deep Learning Engine enables object detection, classification and recognition, and scene understanding.
Leading the Vision processors category, NU4000 provides unmatched Imaging and Vision computing power exceeding a total of 8 Terra OPS (Operations per second). It introduces an optimized Embedded Vision architecture that effectively combines a set of computing blocks positioning it as the most powerful vision processor available. These include:
- 3 Vector Cores that provide 500 Giga OPS
- A dedicated CNN processor that exceeds 2 Terra OPS enabling deep neural networks such as VGG16 reaching 40 frames (ROIs) per second at 10 times less power of the equivalent GPU, DSP or FPGA implementations
- 3 Powerful CPU Cores that provide more than 13,000 CoreMark
- Depth processing engine that delivers a throughput of 120Mp/s and supports multiple simultaneous streams of stereo and structured light
- SLAM engine enabling accurate key point extraction at 120fps from 2 cameras simultaneously
- Advanced Time-Warp HW engine that reduces the Motion-to-Photon latency to 1msec for extensive VR and MR use cases
- More than 3MB of on-chip SLAM servicing the vision cores
- High throughput LPDDR4 interface that reduce external memory access bottlenecks
"With the NU4000, we are uniquely positioned to be the cornerstone chip for MR/VR, Robots and Drones, and are defining the Vision Processor Unit category," said Mr. Shlomo Gadot – Inuitive Co-Founder & CEO. "We are excited to provide innovative products that address the needs of the market and paves the way for the future's most advanced technologies."
The NU4000 connects to 6 cameras and 2 displays, and is 7x8mm. It also features an enhanced depth processor engine for active and passive stereo, and Structured Light technologies; Smart sensor hub capabilities that synchronize, time-stamp and process inputs from multiple sensors offloading the host processor; and a fully programmable Deep Learning Processor, all at an advanced and power efficient 12nm process node.
To learn more, visit http://inuitive-tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NU4000-solves-xR-challenges.pdf
Inuitive optimizes consumer experiences and enhances competitive advantages in the areas of Augmented & Virtual Reality, Drones, Robots and Autonomous Cars, among others. Inuitive combines algorithms, ASIC, and System solution to realize the AI practice enabling devices to acquire more human capabilities. With AI at its core, Inuitive's platform includes a 3D Depth Sensing Computer Vision processor and powerful deep learning capabilities enabling smart devices to become smarter.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inuitive-introduces-the-nu4000-an-advanced-3d-imaging-deep-learning-and-computer-vision-processor-enabling-devices-to-sense-and-analyze-their-surroundings-300515770.html