CHICAGO, Feb. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
The Resort at Isla Palenque, an Amble Resort, is holding a video blogging contest to find an ambitious Island Intern who exemplifies a passion for sustainable, authentic and adventurous travel. The Island Intern will live on Isla Palenque during the summer of 2011, exploring the island and surrounding area while sharing their experience through the company blog. Read the full contest press release here. Visit the contest website at http://www.islapalenque.com/island-intern.
- The winner will become Isla Palenque's Island Intern and will live on Isla Palenque for 4-6 weeks in the summer of 2011
- The Resort at Isla Palenque will provide transportation to and from Isla Palenque, lodging, meals, travel and adventure-sport experiences
- The Island Intern will generate their own curriculum that fits in with their individual career goal and the mission of Amble Resorts, and will blog about it daily for the Isla Palenque blog
- The Island Intern will receive a $2,500 cash stipend
- Isla Palenque is a 400-acre island located in the Gulf of Chiriqui, Panama, west of Panama City and just east of Costa Rica. The private island has a diverse ecosystem composed of beaches, mangrove systems, lagoons, coconut groves and tropical forest
- The Gulf of Chiriqui is known among insiders for its world-class sport fishing, surfing, whale watching, scuba diving and snorkeling opportunities
- The Resort at Isla Palenque will be a sustainable luxury resort and residence community developed by Amble Resorts and managed by The West Paces Hotel Group; Phase One Homes are on sale now and will be delivered around the same time as the boutique hotel open in late 2012 or early 2013
- The Villa Model Inn will open in 2011 as a 5-bedroom inn for prospective homeowners and guests
Submissions open: February 15, 2011
Submission deadline: March 28, 2011
Voting period: March 28 - April 11, 2011
Finalists announced: April 12, 2011
Round two submission deadline: April 25, 2011
Island Intern announced: May 2, 2011
Contestants: The competition is open to U.S. residents who have completed at least two years of college course work.
Judges: A panel of distinguished judges will choose the winner. Each brings expertise in the fields of sustainable development, travel or tourism.
- Benjamin Loomis, President of Amble Resorts, developer of The Resort at Isla Palenque, http://amble.com/
- Horst Schulze, Chairman and CEO of The West Paces Hotel Group, former CEO of The Ritz-Carlton Company, http://www.westpaceshotels.com/
- Richard Shaw, Principal, Design Workshop, award-winning land planner for Isla Palenque, http://www.designworkshop.com/
- Chris Tackett, Social Media Editor, Treehugger.com, environmentalist media expert, http://www.treehugger.com/
Panel of Experts: A team of thought leaders in the fields of sustainability and travel will weigh-in on applicant submissions to encourage applicants and inform finalist selection.
- Grant Martin, Editor-in-chief, Gadling
- Mike Richard, Editor, Vagabondish
- Hope Dlugozima, VP of Social Media, Mother Nature Network
- Michael d'Estries, Founder, Ecorazzi
- Joe Ascanio, Editor & Founder, TerraCurve
- Clarissa Caldwell, Travel Writer & Editor, Justmeans
- Ayako Ezaki, Director of Communications, The International Ecotourism Society
- Julie Ray, Director of La Mica Biological Station and Panama Travel Examiner for The Examiner
- Anna Colclough, Co-Founder, Tourdust.com
- Melissa C. Gillespie, Managing Editor, Ocean Home magazine
- This list is growing, contact us today if you wish to contribute
HOW TO ENTER:
- Create a video that illustrates why you would be the best island intern (Recommended length 2 minutes)
- Submit video to Youtube.com with title "Isla Palenque Island Intern: [First Name], [Unique Title] and tagged "Isla Palenque"
- Fill out application at http://www.islapalenque.com/island-intern/apply (Beginning February 15)
ABOUT AMBLE RESORTS: Amble Resorts is a real estate development company specializing in ecologically and culturally sensitive resorts in places of spectacular natural beauty or cultural significance. Their Panama eco-resort project, The Resort at Isla Palenque, will open in late 2012 or early 2013. Those who want more out of travel, amble with us. http://www.Amble.com
MEDIA FACT SHEET -- Photographs, videos, interviews and additional materials are available on request.
MEDIA CONTACT: Emily Kinskey, Amble Resorts, email@example.com, 773-769-1145
SOURCE Amble Resorts