LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, today announced that Jacksonville State University (JSU) has deployed a Zebra Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) for campus-wide Wi-Fi connectivity for faculty, students and visitors. The university decided to overhaul its aging Wi-Fi infrastructure in response to increased demand for Internet connectivity. After a multi-vendor assessment, JSU chose a Zebra 802.11ac WLAN to support their current and future wireless needs.
- JSU sought a vendor that could provide a strong suite of solutions in one portfolio and chose Zebra's latest 802.11ac WLAN - including NX7500 controllers, AP7502, AP7522 and AP7532 access points (APs) - to ensure reliable high-speed Internet access across the 459-acre campus.
- The university now offers connectivity for heavy bandwidth applications anytime and everywhere, from the parking lot, campus buildings and housing units to student lounges, eateries, libraries, athletic facilities and even the dorm laundromat.
- JSU required a high-performance WLAN as classroom assignments are incorporating smartphone apps while tablets and phablets are replacing the binder and composition notebook. In addition, most JSU students are using at least three Internet-connected devices during the typical campus day and maybe more at night in dorms.
- Zebra and JSU worked together to protect the historic design of the campus's early-twentieth-century buildings implementing the wireless infrastructure.
- Zebra provided a cost-efficient solution that is easy for JSU's IT staff to manage. Previously, JSU had a multi-vendor wireless architecture that had become more complex and less interoperable, while failing to provide the level of connectivity needed to keep up with mobile device adoption.
SUPPORTING QUOTES Vinson Houston, vice president of information technology, Jacksonville State University "At Jacksonville State University, reliable wireless connectivity is a necessity for students and staff. The average student uses 3-5 devices on campus. As we deploy hundreds of iPads to enhance classroom learning, we required a more robust network that would allow students and faculty to enjoy the same wireless amenity they enjoy at home and best accommodate their needs. Zebra provided the best 802.11ac WLAN solution for us based on where we are and where we are going."
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Zebra Technologies "At universities around the world, wireless connectivity is critical to the success of students and teachers alike. Zebra's reliable, high-speed 802.11ac WLAN will support Jacksonville State University's current wireless needs and provide the foundation for new demands on the network, whether it's the university's innovative iPad program or future educational initiatives."
SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Zebra Technologies Website: Zebra Technologies WLAN Solutions Case Study: Ensuring Students Have the Right Connections to Pursue their Passions Facebook: Zebra Technologies Twitter: @ZebraTechnology
About Zebra Technologies Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Media Contact: Bill Abelson Zebra Technologies +1 631-738-4751 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Contact: Caitlin DeRango Zebra Technologies +1-847-793-5896 email@example.com
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation