Jaguar Returns For Fourth Year As Official Vehicle Partner Of BritWeek
Jaguar, a sponsor since 2010, will showcase the highly anticipated new Jaguar F-TYPE
Apr 10, 2013, 03:21 ET
MAHWAH, N.J., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jaguar, the renowned British luxury automotive brand, is pleased to announce its role for the fourth consecutive year as the official vehicle partner of BritWeek, a program of events celebrating the creative fusion between the United Kingdom and California. Every spring BritWeek hosts a program of events that promotes British creativity, innovation and excellence in California across multiple categories including, film and television, art, design, philanthropy, business, and more. The events take place throughout Los Angeles, Orange County and San Francisco.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130410/CL92548 )
"Jaguar is beloved in Los Angeles and we are thrilled to again be partnering with BritWeek; supporting their mission to create greater awareness of the many ways in which Britain and California successfully work together," said Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover, North America. "We are excited to be previewing the all new F-TYPE to this esteemed audience before it goes on sale this summer."
Jaguar will have a key presence at several key BritWeek events throughout the two-week program starting on Tuesday, April 23, as BritWeek kicks off the celebration with the annual Red Carpet Launch Gala at the Residence of the British Consul General.
On Wednesday, April 24, Ian Callum, Design Director for Jaguar, will serve as a judge at the Business Innovation Awards banquet which recognizes contributions in the fields of technology, service, design, philanthropy, and communications.
Then, on Friday, April 26, Callum will be honored with the prestigious BritWeek Design Icon Award which honors an individual for their significant contributions to British design. The event, held at the Christopher Guy showroom in West Hollywood and in collaboration with Architectural Digest, celebrates British design across interiors, fashion and architecture, among others.
Additional events will include the Urban Art Auction on April 29 featuring works by internationally acclaimed street and graffiti artists. Jaguar will be providing graffiti designed Jaguar aluminum hoods from last year's BritWeek Art Battle to be auctioned.
"BritWeek celebrates great British creativity - art, design, technology and entertainment," said BritWeek Chairman Bob Peirce. "Jaguar encompasses all of this, and is our perfect partner. We are proud to be honoring Ian Callum as our BritWeek Design Icon - here in one of Jaguars leading markets, which he is doing so much to enrich."
The F-TYPE is the first two-seater sports car from Jaguar since the iconic E-Type was launched over 50 years ago. With front-engine, lightweight aluminum architecture and rear-wheel drive, the F-TYPE is engineered to be a true high-performance sports car; reaching 0-to-60 in 4.2 seconds* and has a top track speed of 186 mph* **. Three models will be available – The F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S. All engines drive through an eight-speed 'Quickshift' automatic transmission and steering wheel-mounted paddles for full manual control. The F-TYPE introduces a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with bold, clean lines accented by the discreet use of technology, including a deployable rear spoiler and hidden door handles. The Jaguar F-TYPE has a starting MSRP of $69,000*** and will be in US showrooms this May.
The F-TYPE joins Jaguar's dramatically transformed full model lineup which includes:
- The Jaguar XJ luxury sedan, powered by either the supercharged 340hp 3-liter V6 in rear wheel or all-wheel drive configuration, naturally-aspirated 385hp 5-liter V8, the 470hp supercharged 5-liter V8, or the 510hp supercharged 5-liter V8
- The Jaguar XF sports sedan powered by the 240hp 2-liter turbocharged four cylinder, supercharged 340hp 3-liter V6 in rear wheel or all-wheel drive configuration, the naturally aspirated 385hp 5-liter V8, the 470hp supercharged 5-liter V8, or with the XFR, the 510hp supercharged 5-liter V8 powertrains
- The Jaguar XK Coupe and Convertible sports cars powered by either the naturally-aspirated 385hp V8, or for the XKR, the 510hp supercharged 5-liter V8 powertrains, or the Jaguar XKR-S Coupe and Convertible with a 550hp supercharged 5-liter V8 powertrain
At the 2013 New York International Auto Show, Jaguar debuted two new models, the 550hp 2014 Jaguar XJR and 2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT.
* Always follow local speed limits.
** Based on Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S model
*** Price shown is MSRP. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license, retailer fees and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local Jaguar Retailer for details.
Jaguar Cars Limited is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company's vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today's Jaguar lineup consists of the XJ luxury sedan, XF sports sedan and the XK coupe and convertible sports cars. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Jaguar website at http://www.jaguarusa.com.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
BritWeek is a non–profit organization that hosts a program of events every spring to promote British creativity, innovation and excellence across multiple categories including, film & television, music, art, fashion, design, retail, sport, philanthropy, business, and more. The events take place throughout Greater Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and now also Miami! For more information visit www.britweek.org.
Share this article