PORTLAND, Ore., Dec. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Janrain®, the company that pioneered the Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) category, today celebrated another year of industry-first innovations that solidified the company's standing as the leading independent CIAM provider, as recognized by leading research firm Forrester in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Identity and Access Management Q2 2017.
"2017 was all about making investments to further our differentiation in providing mission-critical identity cloud services," said Janrain CEO Jim Kaskade. "Janrain continues to set the pace for innovation in the industry while attracting a growing number of global enterprise-class brands to its many industry-first digital identity solutions. As the only independent CIAM leader, Janrain not only helps organizations operationalize their digital customer hubs, but does so with a suite of seamless and safe digital experiences. Our identity innovations will continue to give clients the ability to disrupt their digital ecosystems quickly."
Janrain's innovations are setting the pace for a rapidly-growing market expected to hit $31.75 billion by 2022 (MarketsandMarkets). We celebrate Janrain's innovation advances across the following four categories, along with recognized overall industry milestones summarized below:
- Identity Activation
- Identity Security
- Identity Management
- Identity Data Integration & Interoperability
Identity Activation Innovation Firsts
- Customer Journey Analytics: This is an offering that allows clients to track customers from anonymous visitors to registered users and beyond. With this valuable information, customers can dramatically improve real-time segmentation, targeting, and personalization of the digital end user experience for greater lead generation and sales.
- Janrain unveiled a new Identity Big Data and Analytics offering for activation that is powered by the most advanced data platform consisting of batch, ad-hoc, and real-time capabilities built for Identity of Things scale. This platform gives global brands the capacity to not only handle real-time identity events throughout the customer journey, but they can also be operationalized using Janrain's existing real-time cloud directory, real-time identity attribute triggers, and real-time identity integrations with application and marketing solutions.
- Experience Hub: Instead of distributing and maintaining unique experiences in each digital application separately, clients can leverage Janrain's hosted registration, login, and preference center experiences in its Identity Cloud, which streamlines and centralizes multi-site and multi-market rollout to drive global consistency, governance, and security of the identity implementation while reducing the technical burden for individual teams to manage registration, login, and preference center functionality.
Identity Security Innovation Firsts
- First to integrate Fraud Scoring with a CIAM solution: With the help of phone number intelligence, AI-based web traffic pattern analysis and extensive data picked from global information services, Janrain Fraud Score assigns a reputation score to a new user account. A high-risk score alerts the brand about the customer identities that are a high risk for potential fraud.
- First to unveil a new Identity Big Data and Analytics offering for security that gives global brands the capacity to handle real-time identity events throughout the customer journey from a security perspective. Baseline behavior can be compared against anomalies through their lifecycle that feed a Fraud Score for Security Operations Centers (SOCs), ultimately reducing time to incident response and remediation.
- First Universal Integration of CIAM Event Data with SIEM Systems that focuses security analysts on what's important to reduce time to remediation for any/all malicious behavior.
- First to support for Google's latest Authentication and Human Verification Tools, including Invisible reCAPTCHA and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) through Google Authenticator. Invisible reCAPTCHA automatically detects a human where possible and bypasses traditional CAPTCHA screens, thereby improving the customer experience. Google Authenticator expands MFA options by leveraging the Google Authenticator app to generate one-time use codes, which can be entered into a Janrain Registration or Login form to confirm the user's identity.
- Enhanced OpenID support: Janrain was a launch partner and one of the first adopters of the OpenID Foundation's new OpenID Connect Relying Party (RP) Certification, which aims to make interoperability easier and identity systems more secure.
- First to launch Customer-centric Consent Lifecycle Management to accelerate GDPR adherence.
- First CIAM provider to be GDPR ready.
- First to launch GDPR Primer and Readiness Assessment offering.
- Security certifications and assessments: Janrain again raised the bar for the most rigorous security certifications in the CIAM Industry. Janrain maintains and is audited or assessed for certification/compliance with ISO 27001:2013, ISO 27018:2014 (PII Protections in the cloud), SOC 2 Type II (in addition to the Security Common Criteria, Janrain is compliant for the Availability and Confidentiality Trust SOC 2 Trust Principles), HIPAA (storage of healthcare data), HITECH (transmission of healthcare data), Cloud Security Alliance (CSA star), U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework (reviewed by TRUSTe), and TRUSTe privacy program (TRUSTe). Janrain is in the process of performing a PCI assessment with the intention of obtaining PCI compliance in 2018. Janrain also supports additional security and privacy regulations including: COPPA, OIDC (http://www.oixnet.org/openid-certifications/janrain/), PIPEDA, CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Part 11). In addition to the security audits mentioned above, in 2017 Janrain successfully passed an independent vendor penetration and vulnerability test of Janrain's products, services and infrastructure.
Identity Management Innovation Firsts
- Customer Insights: Next-generation reporting and dashboarding across Janrain operational metrics and customer insights.
- Administration Console: New and advanced data visualization dashboard to manage the Janrain Identity Cloud.
- Next Generation Customer Care Portal: Full-featured customer service tool for CSRs to manage customer identities with enhanced ability to configure workflows, tasks and roles for CSRs, and improved performance.
- Symphonic Software and Janrain jointly developed the most Advanced Fine-Grained Access Control for CIAM. Janrain is the only CIAM provider that can be used to integrate identity policy across all legacy identity and access management solutions.
- First to offer Private Groups Capability for Janrain Identity Cloud®.
- Expanded global data center footprint: Janrain's Identity Cloud supports a global footprint of 200 cloud data centers in 49 Availability Zones within 18 geographic Regions around the world.
Identity Data Integration / Interoperability Innovation Firsts
- Configurable SAML IDPs: Allows users to self-serve adding any SAML 2.0 IDP into their Janrain Authentication services.
- Enhanced support for XACML (eXtensible Access Control Markup Language) improving interoperability between access control implementations by multiple vendors.
- Technology integrations: Throughout the year Janrain extended the list of technologies that Janrain integrates with, which now includes more than 200 products ranging from marketing and sales automation to e-commerce and infrastructure and security technologies. Notable additions in 2017 include IBM QRadar, Splunk Enterprise Security, ArcSight ESM, LogRhythm, and McAfee Enterprise Security Manager.
Overall Janrain Identity Cloud 2017 Milestones
- Surpassed servicing over 3,400 Clients and reaching over 1.5 Billion Identities.
- 24x7x365 Support Hotline for Development Issues: New support package tailored for developers with follow-the-sun support.
- New pricing models supporting single clients with up to 500M identities under management.
- Introduction of Janrain University In-Depth Training for Janrain Identity Cloud®.
- Joined industry standards group Align Biopharma.
- Joined IDPro.org as a founding member.
- Recognized as an overall CIAM leader by leading European research firm KuppingerCole.
- Received highest ranking in TechVision Research's evaluation of CIAM providers.
- Fueled by CIAM leaders including Janrain, Ovum Research's new video talks about Identity Management as the Foundation for Personalized Marketing (a core part of Janrain's history and its current suite of Identity Activation solutions).
Founded in 2002, Janrain pioneered Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) and is widely recognized by industry analysts as a global CIAM leader. The Janrain Identity Cloud® provides identity management, security and activation solutions that enable seamless and safe customer experiences across their digitally connected world, while providing enterprise organizations with deep customer insights. Janrain's identity capabilities include social and traditional login and registration, single sign-on, customer profile data storage and management, customer segments, customer insights and engagement solutions. The company manages a reach to over 1.5 billion digital identities with identity services provided to over 3,400 brands, including Pfizer, Samsung, Whole Foods, Fox News, Philips, McDonald's and Dr Pepper. Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon, with offices in London, Paris and Silicon Valley. For more information, please visit www.janrain.com and follow @janrain.
Contact: Chris Blake, 415-989-9000, email@example.com