PORTLAND, Ore., Aug. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Janrain®, the company that pioneered the Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) category, today announced that its client base now exceeds 3,400 brands, and it manages more than 1.5 billion digital identities across a wide range of global industries, including financial services, retail, media and entertainment, healthcare/pharmaceutical, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, consumer electronics, travel and transportation, energy and utilities.
"After creating the CIAM market in 2002, Janrain has continued to pave the way with important industry-first innovations that can prepare global brands to make the most of the opportunities provided by the Internet of Things, social, mobile, analytics, cloud, and other major market forces," said Janrain CEO Jim Kaskade. "We continue to welcome clients with mission critical applications to the Janrain identity network, and we look forward to redefining brand-to-customer-to-things relationships in a hyperconnected age."
Janrain continues to capitalize on skyrocketing demand for digital identity solutions that provide better knowledge of and deeper engagement with consumers, all while simplifying and securing customer experiences across numerous web, mobile and social properties.
Recent milestones for Janrain include:
- Janrain is first to Launch Customer-centric Consent Lifecycle Management to Accelerate GDPR Adherence.
- Janrain is recognized as a leader in CIAM by independent research firm Forrester.
- Leading European Research Firm KuppingerCole names Janrain an Overall CIAM Leader.
- Janrain receives the highest ranking in TechVision Research's evaluation of CIAM providers.
- Janrain tapped by top global pharma companies to join new industry standards group Align Biopharma. The first two primary objectives are to define an identification and authentication standard to enable a single sign-on for HCPs to access online content--including websites, portals, virtual events or webinars--across all companies and to define standards for consent and preference management so that there is consistency in how HCPs specify communication preferences with each company.
- Janrain becomes the first CIAM provider to be GDPR ready, which helps ensure customers of Janrain's platform comply with the regulation's data protection rules.
- Janrain launches a new GDPR Primer and Readiness Assessment offering to help clients achieve compliance.
- Janrain becomes the first to integrate a fraud score with a CIAM solution to provide brands with early warning of illicit account activity before it occurs.
- Janrain expands its global data center footprint to 42 availability zones in 16 regions around the globe with 200+ data centers (Janrain is the only CIAM provider deployed in over 65 countries).
- Janrain celebrates more than two years since launching the industry's first CIAM platform in China.
- Janrain achieves 99.999% availability in May (other CIAM vendors struggle to achieve 99.95%).
- Janrain completes an in-depth CSA STAR Level 2 Attestation audit, which certifies our security measures specifically for the cloud and makes our security measures transparent and attestable for our clients. Janrain is the only CIAM vendor that has obtained a Level 2 STAR certification, which (unlike Level 1) includes a thorough independent audit.
- Janrain also maintains and is audited or assessed for certification/compliance with ISO 27001:2013, ISO 27018:2014 (PII Protections in the cloud), SOC 2 Type II (in addition to the Security Common Criteria, Janrain is compliant for the Availability and Confidentiality Trust SOC 2 Trust Principles), HIPAA (storage of healthcare data), HITECH (transmission of healthcare data), U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework, and the TRUSTe privacy program. Janrain is Open ID Connect (OIDC) certified, GDPR-ready, and is compliant for many other security/privacy regulations (examples: COPPA, PIPEDA, CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Part 11).
- Janrain is the first to launch a European Union (EU) data center.
- Janrain is the first to provide broadest security enhancements to OpenID, including SSL certificates, InfoCard integration, anti-phishing site verification tools, and phone-based two factor authentication.
- Janrain is the first to create and deploy a universal OpenID login SDK (IDSelector), making it more intuitive for users and website operators.
- Janrain is the first to provide a turnkey website OpenID enablement solutions for companies (RPX).
- Janrain became the first to provide an OpenID SaaS platform (OPX) that allowed companies to centrally provision and manage a secure, comprehensive, branded OpenID to their employees or end-consumers.
- Janrain is the first and only OpenID provider service (myOpenID) for end-consumers to establish an OpenID, with the focus on self- sovereign digital identity capabilities.
- In 2004, founder Larry Drebes began working with Veritas, Microsoft and LiveJournal to establish the OpenID Foundation.
- In 2002, Janrain was formed with the support of Yahoo to be the first provider of Social Login services.
Founded in 2002, Janrain pioneered Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) and is widely recognized by industry analysts as a global CIAM leader. The Janrain Identity Cloud® provides identity management, security and activation solutions that enable seamless and safe customer experiences across their digitally connected world, while providing enterprise organizations with deep customer insights. Janrain's identity capabilities include social and traditional login and registration, single sign-on, customer profile data storage and management, customer segments, customer insights and engagement solutions. The company powers brands like Pfizer, Samsung, Whole Foods, Fox News, Philips, McDonald's and Dr Pepper. Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon, with offices in London, Paris and Silicon Valley. For more information, please visit www.janrain.com and follow @janrain.