SAN FRANCISCO, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jaspersoft, maker of the world's most widely used business intelligence (BI) software, today announced availability of Jaspersoft Business Intelligence 4.7. Reports generated by JasperReports Server now give even casual users the ability to interact with more of their data. Jaspersoft's open source business model and zero-cost per-user licensing fees make interactive reporting affordable for even the largest scale reporting projects. Further improvements in Jaspersoft 4.7 include direct native connectivity to Big Data sources and expanded mobile device support.
Jaspersoft 4.7 comes complete with:
- Interactive Reporting for EveryoneJaspersoft 4.7 delivers self-service capabilities for production reporting environments with a complete open source-based, interactive reporting and analysis solution. The new release reduces report development costs through built-in interactivity, enabling new levels of personalization of pixel-perfect, print-ready and web-based reports. The enhanced report functionality lets users quickly and easily move, hide, sort, and filter their data without the help of a BI expert or the need to export to Microsoft Excel™.
- Expanded Mobile Access for Android & iOS Devices Anywhere-access to production reports increases data-driven decisions and drives superior performance. Jaspersoft 4.7 expands the industry's first open source Mobile BI solution for iOS with the new native Android application and software development kit (SDK). Jaspersoft's complete mobile solution allows developers to embed BI in their native mobile smartphone applications while also offering full-featured tablet-based, touch-screen BI through a mobile browser.
- Real-time Reporting & Analysis for MongoDBAs the leader and first BI company to make native Big Data exploration available to developers and BI end-users, Jaspersoft has enhanced its native MongoDB connector to enable real-time reporting and analysis of web-scale application data. The connector provides a direct link intelligently connecting JasperReports Server and the MongoDB source data, thus enabling de-serialized, filtered data to be reported on and analyzed. This extends the largest selection of native Big Data source connectors in the industry including Hadoop, Cassandra, CouchDB and many others.
- Robust Scheduling for Enterprise RequirementsJaspersoft 4.7 delivers sophisticated, enterprise-class report scheduling, providing assured report delivery and programmatic control of report schedules for tailored report management and execution. The new robust scheduling features help ensure data is accessible anywhere, anytime.
"The Jaspersoft reporting capabilities provided with the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization solution offer our customers an edge by revealing insight into the status and trends of their virtualized environment," said Itamar Heim, Director of Software Engineering at Red Hat. "With Jaspersoft 4.7, we are able to provide a more integrated look and feel, allowing users to view reports and dashboards from a single user interface. An added benefit is improved performance and memory utilization with the support introduced for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6."
"Up until now, reports with a wide-scale distribution such as transaction reports or client statements have been largely static. Jaspersoft 4.7 begins a revolution by making full-featured, interactive reporting affordable. Now even casual users can interact with the data in those reports using our simple, powerful, affordable report server," said Brian Gentile, CEO at Jaspersoft. "Jaspersoft customers can now create competitive advantage by offering superior customer service through advanced reporting and analytics, whether they deliver via the web, mobile devices or embedded in their applications. Jaspersoft continues to make powerful BI usable and affordable at web-scale, for anyone at anytime."
To learn more, register for our webinar on Jaspersoft 4.7.
- Find out What's New in Jaspersoft 4.7
- Register for JasperWorld 2012
- Follow Jaspersoft on Twitter
- Connect with Jaspersoft on LinkedIn
- Read CEO Brian Gentile's Open Book on BI blog
Jaspersoft provides the most flexible, cost effective and widely deployed Business Intelligence (BI) suite in the world, enabling better decision-making through highly interactive reports, dashboards and analytics. By leading in support for cloud, big data, and mobile deployments, Jaspersoft helps its customers deliver on the promise of self-service BI at scale. Leveraging a commercial open source business model and a Community of more than 275,000 registered members, Jaspersoft's open source BI software has been downloaded more than 16 million times. Jaspersoft production deployments, in excess of 175,000, power 130,000 data-driven applications spanning 15,000 commercial customers. Jaspersoft is privately held and has locations around the world. For more information visit http://www.jaspersoft.com and http://www.jasperforge.org.
LEWIS Pulse PR for Jaspersoft