CHICAGO, Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Jenner & Block has elected 18 lawyers across all offices to the partnership, effective January 1, 2017.
"We are thrilled to announce the promotion of this group of talented lawyers," said Managing Partner Terrence J. Truax. "All have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the firm's core values including excellence, client service and pro bono. The diverse group of 10 women and eight men come from across all of our offices and practice areas and bring to our partnership and clients additional experience in a wide range of complex and sophisticated litigation, counseling and transactional matters."
Two-thirds of the firm's new partners identify as ethnically diverse, LGBT and/or women, which is in line with the firm's commitment to diversity and inclusion. They include:
- Jeffrey A. Atteberry – Complex Commercial Litigation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Michael G. Babbitt – Patent Litigation (Chicago, IL)
- Ishan K. Bhabha – Appellate and Supreme Court (Washington, DC)
- Anthony B. Borich – Complex Commercial Litigation (Chicago, IL)
- Emily L. Chapuis – Complex Commercial Litigation (Washington, DC)
- Sarah E. Haddy – Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation (Chicago, IL)
- Kelly Hagedorn – White Collar Defense and Investigations (London, UK)
- Precious S. Jacobs – Complex Commercial Litigation (Chicago, IL)
- Jared Manes – Corporate (New York, NY)
- Alexander J. May – Corporate (Chicago, IL)
- Kate L. Price – Corporate/Private Equity (Chicago, IL)
- Edward L. Prokop – Corporate (New York, NY)
- Kristin L. Rakowski – White Collar Defense and Investigations (Chicago, IL)
- Paul B. Rietema – Complex Commercial Litigation (Chicago, IL)
- Erica L. Ross – Appellate and Supreme Court (Washington, DC)
- Ashley M. Schumacher – Complex Commercial Litigation (Chicago, IL)
- Alison I. Stein – Content, Media and Entertainment (New York, NY)
- Anna Barreiro Sutti – Corporate/Finance (Chicago, IL)
Mr. Truax added, "The firm is pleased to see our commitment to diversity and inclusion reflected in the 2017 new partner class. Our diverse team of lawyers has and will add to our ability to exceed client expectations and deliver outstanding service to our clients."
For more information about Jenner & Block's 2017 class of partners, go to: jenner.com/news/2017NewPartners.
ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block (www.jenner.com) is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. In 2016, The American Lawyer named Jenner & Block to the A-List, which recognizes the top 20 US law firms. The American Lawyer also recognized the firm as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States six of the past nine years; the firm has been ranked among the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jenner--block-elects-18-new-partners-globally-for-2017-300389435.html
SOURCE Jenner & Block