PHOENIX, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spearheaded by its popular Startup and Entrepreneurship Committee, the Arizona Technology Council today announced that successful businessman and sports executive Jerry Colangelo will present a keynote speech at the 2013 StartupConnect AZ Conference, presented by the Arizona Commerce Authority and IDS Technology Marketing. The event is being held Wednesday, December 18, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at the ASU Cronkite Building, 555 N. Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix.
Arizona's first ever conference held to showcase and connect the state's corporations, technology startup and funding ecosystems has assembled an unprecedented lineup of Arizona's experts in technology, entrepreneurship, business, education and public policy to discuss and debate a series of powerful topics proven critical to the continued growth of the state's economy.
"There is a rich vein of talent in Arizona's startup and entrepreneurial communities with innovations that are attracting new jobs and businesses to our state," said Jerry Colangelo, businessman and sports executive. "It's important to come together and have conversations of how we can all work in unison to foster Arizona's success through technology."
The following Arizona entrepreneurs will be participating in a Pitch Contest at StartupConnect AZ, sponsored by venture development firm Tallwave. One winner will take home a grand-prize comprised of the event's registration funds, estimated to be up to $7,500 in cash. The more tickets sold, the greater the prize money.
Clean and Green Technology:
- BISTEG USA - completes R&D on building integrated solar energy production
- Pfhotonika - developing a hydrogen-based power system that is modular and of variable power outputs targeting the distributed power market for clean energy
- POG Technologies has set its sights on energy efficiency and fault warning in the home and focused on HVAC systems
- Pollen Tech is developing a technology that will revolutionize the agricultural industry: providing growers complete control over their pollination
- CareerHearted has developed a now nationally recognized business course for the wellness industry
- Enroll.com offers a collaborative learning platform that creates opportunities for disadvantaged students
- Heroes for Students prepares students for college and careers by connecting classroom content through virtual and in-person community role models
- Picmonic has developed an audiovisual mnemonic methodology that helps students master information faster and retain knowledge longer
- Kibibox, an adaptive knowledge-sharing platform through the web and mobile application.
- AboutMyCare helps healthcare providers by providing them with a mobile solution that captures and converts targeted, real-time patient information
- iCoach Fitness offers a complete cloud-based client management solution for fitness professionals
- MyCounterPane offers a mood based journaling tool that guides the narrative of a user's illness experience
- Performance 3D offers SMART garments designed to work with cloud-based software programs to improve a person's physical abilities or sports performance
eCommerce and Software-as-a-Service:
- Convrrt an online marketing automation tool that enables digital marketers to create highly effective marketing campaigns for web and mobile in less than 20
- Photosweep helps people capture, queue and print photos from their smartphones
- Resumoto enables users to complete three hours' worth of online job applications in less than three minutes
- Traklight is a provider of online software and tools to easily identify and secure intellectual property
"The scope and impact of Arizona's entrepreneurial ecosystem is has been critical to our state's economic rebound," said Scott Salkin, founder & CEO of IDS Technology Marketing and co-chair of the Arizona Technology Council's Startup and Entrepreneurship Committee. "StartupConnect Arizona is dedicated to connecting those individuals with the resources they need to be successful."
About the Arizona Technology Council
The Arizona Technology Council is Arizona's premier trade association for science and technology companies. Recognized as having a diverse professional business community, Council members work towards furthering the advancement of technology in Arizona through leadership, education, legislation and social action. The Arizona Technology Council offers numerous events, educational forums and business conferences that bring together leaders, managers, employees and visionaries to make an impact on the technology industry. These interactions contribute to the Council's culture of growing member businesses and transforming technology in Arizona. To become a member or to learn more about the Arizona Technology Council, please visit www.aztechcouncil.org.
For more information please contact:
SOURCE Arizona Technology Council