PALO ALTO, Calif., July 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- As businesses prioritize speed and agility over resilience and predictability, it is imperative for intranets to evolve accordingly. Two innovative companies, Cox Automotive and Plex Systems, recently shared during a Jive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: JIVE) webinar their experiences of turning their seldom-used internal communities into vibrant, interactive intranets where people connect, communicate and collaborate. The session also featured Larry Hawes of Dow Brook Advisory Services, who authored a newly released eBook on this topic.
One of the webinar's speakers was Mark Satterfield, the vice president of information technology at Cox Automotive, which is the company behind AutoTrader.com, Kelly Blue Book, Manheim and others. He shared how Cox consolidated many different intranets from various acquisitions into one unified social intranet based on the Jive-n internal community solution in the cloud, offering these helpful insights:
- "An intranet should support not just corporate communications, but also functions like human resources, finance, marketing and legal with a common strategy that improves employee experience through peer-to-peer collaboration across teams and geographies."
- "When shifting away from legacy systems and investing in digital transformation, it's helpful to target key capability gaps in your enterprise – such as mobility, gamification, or social technologies – in order to quickly foster better communications and connections between employees."
Manufacturing cloud ERP leader Plex Systems is another organization that recently launched a new interactive intranet powered by Jive-n, which facilitates employee communications, increases engagement and alignment, and delivers a collaborative work environment. Chris Pesola, Plex's director of IT, said:
- "As we grow, we need social capabilities that help our employees more effectively serve customers around the world, while also giving our teams a voice internally and bringing executive communications out of email. With Jive, we gained a proven interactive intranet without requiring significant internal resources to support the system."
"Information workers still spend around 20 percent of their time looking for information. It's time to break down the silos, because if employees can't find what they need to make decisions, they're going to make sub-optimal decisions," commented Larry Hawes, principal of Dow Brook Advisory Services and an experienced observer of collaboration and knowledge management practices. "By combining the best of traditional intranets with enterprise social networks, companies can create meaningful connections amongst employees, helping information to flow better and sparking innovation needed to keep pace with their market."
Learn more about Interactive Intranets:
- The full webinar, titled "Four Reasons to Evolve your Intranet Now," can be accessed on-demand at: https://info.jivesoftware.com/4-reasons-to-evolve-your-intranet-now-el.html.
- The new eBook on "The Future of Intranets and Enterprise Social Networks" by Larry Hawes is available for download at: https://www.jivesoftware.com/discover-jive/ebooks/future-of-intranets-and-enterprise-social-networks/.
About Jive Software
Jive (Nasdaq: JIVE) is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Recognized as a leader by the industry's top analyst firms in multiple categories, Jive enables employees, partners and customers to work better together. More information can be found at www.jivesoftware.com or the Jive News Blog.
SOURCE Jive Software