PALO ALTO, Calif., July 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Jive Software announced today that its CEO Tony Zingale, joined by several executives from Jive and the industry, will lead an exclusive thought-leadership gathering on Wednesday, July 27 in San Francisco. The participants will discuss the quickly evolving apps market landscape and explore strategies to enable enterprises to thrive in the 'Consumerprise' era. The event will feature select partners in the Jive Apps Market, the first social enterprise apps market.
Apps have become core to employees' personal and work lives – from mobile devices to the desktop. Delivered from the cloud, they are immediately accessible, social and easy to use. Employees are both demanding and installing them independently of their enterprise organizations. Jive views this as the emergence of the Consumerprise era, which will redefine how apps are developed and used in the enterprise.
This new paradigm presents enterprises with a new challenge: meet the expectations of employees who are demanding consumer-like simplicity in installation and use of their business apps, while empowering IT to drive business results. The Jive Apps Market will enable employees and IT to succeed in this new era. Employees will have access to rich business apps to get their work done, while IT will have the ability to deploy apps that liberate the valuable data trapped inside their enterprise infrastructure.
"Today, business is happening at the speed of social, and enterprises have to respond to this reality," said Chris Morace, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Jive. "In order to thrive in the Consumerprise era, enterprises need a purpose-built social apps market that satisfies the desire for consumer simplicity with the compliance and security demands of the enterprise. This is the new way to enterprise apps."
Featured Jive Apps Partners Attending the Event
Jive has partnered with leading cloud applications and system integrators to bring rich functionality to all employees across the enterprise, whether they work in sales, marketing, support, engineering or HR. Featured partners include:
- Box – Box, the leading cloud content management platform, makes it easy to share files with coworkers and external parties alike. Using the Box for Jive app, employees can manage and access all their business content online and from mobile devices, with simple, secure sharing capabilities from directly within Jive.
- CrowdFactory – CrowdFactory is a pioneer of Social ROI, enabling companies to run and optimize social marketing campaigns that dramatically increase new customer acquisition, drive loyalty and engagement and amplify brand awareness.
- HEDLOC - HEDLOC's mission is to close the widening consumer-enterprise gap and propel organizations into the enterprise evolution by leveraging the latest technology and cloud based services. HEDLOC's first Jive App is focused on improving project and task management within the enterprise.
- JIRA in Jive – AppFusions' first Jive App helps software development teams save time and increase accountability with on-the-fly lookups and new issue creation to their projects in the industry leading JIRA bug and issue tracker.
- Lingotek – Lingotek makes it easy to translate content into any language in a rapid, trusted, and cost-effective way. The company helps enterprises that need to engage their global communities translate 'at the speed of Jive.'
- RoundPegg – RoundPegg brings science to the art of hiring. The company helps businesses start looking beyond the resume and identify the round pegs of who are best positioned for success within their company.
- Rypple – Rypple is a social performance platform built for teams to share goals, recognize great work, and help each other improve. The RyppleThanks app encourages a culture of real-time feedback by allowing employees to give thanks badges to their colleagues right within Jive.
- SalesCrunch – SalesCrunch is a Social Selling platform that takes selling from fuzzy art to repeatable process. The company's first application, CrunchConnect, lets sales professionals start live pitches without software, email pitches via links and track who reads them, qualify customers in real-time, and close more deals faster.
- Sharepoint List Viewer for Jive – ThreeWill's Jive App enables companies to easily pull important information stored in SharePoint lists into Jive. Using this data, users can start meaningful discussions with others in the company's community.
- Social Selling with Salesforce.com – With Appirio's Social Selling app, a sales rep can update their Salesforce opportunities without leaving Jive. They can bring their colleagues who don't live in Salesforce into the critical discussions around those sales opportunities.
- Spigit – Spigit is the leading provider of collective idea management software, connecting employees, customers and business partners for innovation and insight discovery. Using enterprise-grade social technology, Spigit's software taps into the collective intelligence of an organization and transforms it into actionable, predictive information.
- SurveyGizmo – SurveyGizmo makes customer analysis simple. The SurveyGizmo app enables companies to build surveys, evaluations, polls and quizzes, without tech help. Customers can create an online survey, poll or website form in minutes.
- Tungle – Tungle, now part of Research in Motion, enables companies to eliminate double-bookings, time zone mishaps and the back-and-forth of finding a time to meet. They can now easily schedule meetings, inside and outside their organization.
- yaM Labs – yaM's (short for 'yet another Meeting') real-time collaborative app allows companies to effortlessly prepare, run and follow-up on meetings to get the most out of the interaction.
Free Jive 5 Platform for Jive Apps Partners
During the event, Jive will also introduce the Jive Apps Jumpstart program. It will offer Jive Apps partners free usage of Jive 5, Jive's industry leading Social Business platform, for up to 200 users. This program will help Jive and Jive Apps partners collaborate faster to bring the next wave of Social Business apps to market and change the way work gets done.
Jive Apps Market is available today with Jive 5. To learn more, attend Jive's annual user conference, JiveWorld11, which will take place in Las Vegas, October 4-6 at the new Cosmopolitan Hotel.
About Social Business
Social Business is the new way to engage employees, customers and the social web. Jive's Social Business software combines the power of community software, collaboration software, social networking software and social media monitoring offerings into an integrated platform. Just as social technologies have changed our personal lives, Social Business is changing how enterprises create competitive advantage.
About Jive – The New Way to Business
Jive is a leading Social Business company that brings social innovations from the consumer world into enterprises securely and at scale. Jive is funded by Sequoia Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. For more information, visit www.jivesoftware.com.
SOURCE Jive Software