LONDON, April 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Small businesses are frequently becoming prey for cybercriminals because they generally pay less attention to cybersecurity while housing increasingly valuable data. With this in mind, Kaspersky Lab today announces its latest edition of Kaspersky Small Office Security, the company's security solution built specifically for businesses with fewer than 25 employees. The solution provides world-class protection and easy use without the need for specialist IT skills. New features make it easier to focus valuable resources on running and developing the business while keeping operations, customers' and employees' data secure.
According to recent survey results, 62 per cent of companies now allow usage of employee's personal devices within the corporate network. At the same time, although businesses realise that customer's personal information (25 per cent), payment requisites (13 per cent) and trade secrets (12 per cent) are among the top priorities of their information security needs, they continue to adopt basic protective measures, relying, for example, on free anti-malware products. Respondents indicated that they desire a powerful, but simple and easy-to-use security solution that would come at an affordable price.
Kaspersky Small Office Security is equipped with enterprise-grade technologies, but was designed specifically to serve the needs of very small businesses. The product combines Kaspersky Lab's award-winning anti-malware and online transaction protection, cloud management, backup and password management, in an easy-to-use manner that is ideal for SMBs.
"Small businesses are no less significant to cybercriminals and it's very important for smaller businesses to pay more attention to ensuring they're protected from cyberthreats. As Kaspersky Small Office Security is straightforward to install, simple to configure, and easy to maintain, it allows business owners to get on with doing what they do best: building their business," says Kirill Slavin, General Manager, Kaspersky Lab UK & Ireland.
The latest version of Kaspersky Small Office Security includes several brand new and improved features, such as:
- Enhanced protection from all known, unknown and advanced threats - with multi-layered, enterprise-quality protection for Windows and Mac computers, servers and Android-based mobile devices.
- A new cloud-based management console - that lets business owners or their IT advisers easily manage IT security and devices from anywhere, using their web browser.
- New cloud-based password management- that stores critical company login details and enables users to have a different, unique password for every secure site, across all devices, while only needing to remember one master-password.
- Security for financial data - that protects online business and personal transactions from financial fraud. This includes improvements to the award-winning 'Safe Money' module.
Kaspersky Small Office Security protects Windows-based (Windows XP through Windows 8.1) or Mac-based desktops/notebooks, Windows file servers, and Android smartphones and tablets. Each user/employee gets protection for one Windows or Mac computer and one mobile device plus Kaspersky Password Manager. File Server protection is added based on the number of protected users. Kaspersky Small Office Security is sold in preset license packages up to 25 employees.
To learn more, please visit Kaspersky Lab's small business web page.
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world's largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world's top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its more than 17-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for large enterprises, SMBs and consumers. Kaspersky Lab, with its holding company registered in the United Kingdom, currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at http://www.kaspersky.co.uk.
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2013. The rating was published in the IDC report "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2014-2018 Forecast and 2013 Vendor Shares (IDC #250210, August 2014). The report ranked software vendors according to earnings from sales of endpoint security solutions in 2013.
Telephone: 0118 909 0909
1650 Arlington Business Park
RG7 4SA, Reading
Kaspersky Lab UK
2 Kingdom Street
W2 6BD, London
SOURCE Kaspersky Lab