IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Kelley Blue Book www.kbb.com, the leading provider of new car and used car information, today announces the availability of its mobile application lineup and offers shopping tips for this season's car shopper. Kbb.com offers free, interactive applications for iPhone, Windows Phone 7 and Android users. In addition, non-Smartphone users can access trusted Kelley Blue Book information from the company's mobile-optimized website.
Kbb.com's mobile applications and optimized website give all mobile phone users access to new- and used-car Kelley Blue Book Values, including MSRP, Invoice, Fair Purchase Price, Certified Pre-Owned, Suggested Retail, Private Party and Trade-In Values, which are helpful for making this a 'December to Remember.' Wherever they may be, car buyers and sellers can use this information in vehicle transaction negotiations to ensure they get the best deal possible during the holiday season.
Using any of kbb.com's available mobile apps, shoppers gain the vehicle details they need to help make an educated purchase decision. The apps have several helpful features such as a dealer locator with detailed maps and directions, vehicle photos, and the latest new-car reviews. Kbb.com's Twitter feed also is included in the app with insight into the latest automotive news and information from Kelley Blue Book's experts and enthusiasts. All kbb.com applications currently are (or have placed among) the top 10 free applications in the lifestyle category.
"The kbb.com applications for iPhone, Windows Phone 7 and Android users, as well as our mobile-optimized site for non-Smartphone users, all allow shoppers to pocket a plethora of car-buying information to assist in the research and purchase process," said Justin Yaros, executive vice president of product design and development for Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com. "With available holiday and year-end deals, being armed with trusted kbb.com information while on-the-go during the car-shopping process helps instill confidence in users' ultimate car-buying decisions. Kbb.com is certain that Santa uses these applications in his own car-shopping endeavors."
Specifically for the Android, the kbb.com app features a widget that can be positioned on the user's home screen to track their vehicle's value. Whether users want to track their trade-in value prior to buying a car or stay up-to-date on their car value's performance in the marketplace, the widget provides the latest information. The widget can be accessed after downloading the app. Configure the widget by long-clicking an empty space on the Android desktop, choose "Android Widgets," and then select the kbb.com widget from the menu. As the latest application to launch, Android users also have a winter-themed "Easter egg" within the kbb.com app, featuring snow and a sledding child.
To download the kbb.com iPhone app, visit the iTunes store. To download the kbb.com Windows Phone 7 app, visit the Windows Phone Marketplace via any Windows Phone. To download the kbb.com Android app, visit http://market.android.com/details?id=com.kbb.mobile from any Android device. To access the optimized site, visit www.kbb.com on a mobile device to be automatically redirected.
MOBILE CAR SHOPPING AND BUYING TIPS FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPERS:
- Check Your Trade-In Value - While on the lot, check your vehicle's trade-in value to ensure you are getting a fair deal. The kbb.com apps allow you to find your current ride and determine its value based on its condition.
- Do Your Research - All the information you need to put together a short list of favorite vehicles is available on kbb.com's mobile applications, including real-world values, vehicle options, and more.
- View Expert Reviews - Kbb.com apps offer expert video and written reviews of your favorite vehicles. Check out what stands out to our kbb.com editors.
- Locate a Dealer - Within all kbb.com mobile applications, you can locate the dealer closest to you and view detailed maps and directions.
- Request a Quote - Directly from the mobile app, request a quote from your nearby dealerships to ensure you are getting the best deal possible. Also determine if there are any specials or incentives for the vehicle you want.
- Drive Two or Three Different Models - It's easy to enjoy a test drive in the vehicle at the top of your list, but without driving one or two others to compare, you might easily miss out on something you'd like even more.
- Buying New? - Always use a vehicle's Fair Purchase Price, found within kbb.com's app, and not Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), as your basis for comparing vehicle pricing and negotiating with the dealer. Fair Purchase Price reports what buyers actually are paying for new cars in your area, which often is hundreds or even thousands of dollars less than MSRP. The Fair Purchase Price of your next vehicle can be found within the mobile applications. If you are not ready to buy, come back to the app at a later date to see your recent or favorite searches in the 'Saved' section of the app.
For more information about the app and other mobile offerings from Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com, visit www.kbb.com/company/mobile. iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
For more information and news from Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com, visit www.kbb.com/media, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kelleybluebook (or @kelleybluebook), or like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kbb.
About Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com)
Since 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource®, has provided vehicle buyers and sellers with the new- and used-vehicle information they need to accomplish their goals with confidence. The company's top-rated website, www.kbb.com, provides the most up-to-date pricing and values, including the Fair Purchase Price, which reports what buyers are paying for new cars. The company also reports vehicle pricing and values via products and services, including software products and the famous Blue Book® Official Guide. According to the C.A. Walker Research Solutions, Inc. - 2009 Spring Automotive Website Usefulness Study, kbb.com is the most useful automotive information website among new- and used-vehicle shoppers, and half of online vehicle shoppers visit kbb.com. Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com also is a W3 Silver Award winner, sanctioned by the International Academy of Visual Arts. Kbb.com is a leading provider of new car prices, used car values, car reviews, new cars for sale, used cars for sale, and car dealer locations.
SOURCE Kelley Blue Book