NEW YORK, July 1, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP has promoted 10 attorneys to special counsel and elected seven new partners, effective July 1, 2015.
Lew Rose, firm managing partner said, "Congratulations to all our new partners and special counsel. This highly diverse group of special counsel mirror the depth and values of our firm. Their commitment to their clients and colleagues enhances our ability to grow from within."
In addition to the new special counsel, Jason R. Adams, Deron L. Green, Joshua Guyan, Michael S. Kosmas, Dustin J. Painter, Damon W. Suden and Laura van der Meer were newly elected partner to the firm.
The new special counsel, and their practice groups, are:
- Audrey Jing Faber, Litigation Ms. Faber represents and counsels entertainment companies, broadcasters and corporate clients in industry disputes in a variety of matters, including copyright, idea submission, trademark, defamation, right of privacy, right of publicity, and all aspects of insurance coverage, including commercial general liability, media liability, production, and first-party property. Ms. Faber has served as counsel in connection with disputes before the Motion Picture Association of America Title Registration Bureau. For the last three years, Ms. Faber was selected as one of Southern California's Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. She is a member of the California State Bar.
- Dana P. Kane, Bankruptcy and Restructuring Ms. Kane focuses on restructuring, bankruptcy and creditors' rights. She has represented major secured and unsecured creditors, creditors' committees, debtors and lenders in chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy cases. Ms. Kane also has experience representing several funds that specialize in buying and selling distressed debt in bankruptcy cases, other types of domestic and international insolvencies, and claims and interests asserted in class action litigations. She is a member of the New York State Bar.
- Clifford Katz, Litigation Mr. Katz focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. Mr. Katz has significant experience representing generic pharmaceutical companies in a variety of matters, including patent infringement, marketing exclusivity, antitrust violations, false claims acts, fraud, consumer protection statutes, and government price reporting. He is a member of the New York and New Jersey State Bars.
- Sung W. Kim, Litigation Mr. Kim focuses on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property disputes. Mr. Kim has litigated and resolved cases involving drug patents, consumer class actions, unfair competition and false advertising claims, false claims act statutes, products liability, securities and corporate governance, ERP implementation projects, and breach of contract. He has advised and represented clients in a wide array of industries – touching on every aspect of commerce in the ever-changing marketplace. For the last three years, Mr. Kim was selected as one of New York Metro's Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. He is a member of the New York State Bar.
- Jennifer L. Norkus, Corporate Ms. Norkus focuses on mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing, and general corporate matters. Ms. Norkus represents clients in the sale and purchase of assets and stock of both U.S. and international companies. She also represents issuers and investors in connection with equity and debt financings, ranging from early stage venture financing to more traditional private equity fundings. She also represents clients in general corporate matters, ranging from advising about governance issues and formation of entities to negotiating and drafting commercial agreements. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar.
- Raqiyyah R. Pippins, Advertising and Marketing Ms. Pippins focuses on food and drug law and consumer law matters, including advertising, FDA-regulated product labeling, Rx-to-OTC switches, and related regulatory and litigation considerations. Ms. Pippins counsels and defends companies that are engaged in the development, marketing, import and/or export of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, biologics and veterinary products. Ms. Pippins has particular experience representing companies in advertising challenges and defending food and pharmaceutical companies in legal investigations conducted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state agencies concerning product marketing practices. Ms. Pippins has been honored by The Network Journal as one of the "40 Under Forty Achievers" for 2015. She is a member of the District of Columbia and Virginia State Bars.
- Aaron D. Rosenfeld, Real Estate Mr. Rosenfeld focuses on commercial transactions including real estate transactions, real estate development, mergers, acquisitions, private equity transactions, commercial lending, venture capital and general corporate matters. Mr. Rosenfeld represents purchasers, sellers and financing parties in various public and private asset- and entity-acquisitions spanning a wide range of industries and transaction structures. A large part of Mr. Rosenfeld's practice focuses on advising real estate developers on acquisitions, dispositions, related financings, like kind exchanges and leasing. Additionally, Mr. Rosenfeld's work includes representation of lenders in real estate and commercial financings. For the last three years, Mr. Rosenfeld was selected as one of Washington D.C.'s Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. He is a member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- Gilbert R. Saydah, Bankruptcy and Restructuring Mr. Saydah focuses on representing parties in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and out-of-court restructuring proceedings. Mr. Saydah has extensive experience representing official committees of unsecured creditors, purchasers of distressed assets, large individual creditors, shopping center owners, and indenture trustees; acting as debtor's counsel in construction, manufacturing, and retail bankruptcy cases; and representing liquidating trustees and plan administrators in bankruptcy cases post-confirmation. Mr. Saydah was recognized by The M&A Advisor for the Retail Manufacturing/Distribution Deal of the Year (Sale of Oreck Corporation to Royal Appliance Manufacturing Co.) in 2014. He is a member of the New York, Delaware and Texas State Bars.
- Denise Smith, Communications Ms. Smith focuses on representing telecommunications companies before federal and state regulatory agencies and courts. In particular, Ms. Smith represents and counsels clients on numerous aspects of the Federal Universal Service Fund program, including enforcement actions, regulatory filing obligations, eligible telecommunications carrier ("ETC") designation applications and other relevant issues. Ms. Smith provides advice to telecommunications companies, including competitive local exchange carriers, interexchange carriers, Internet service providers, conference calling service providers and providers of interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol services on regulatory and strategic issues. Ms. Smith also has a particular focus on the needs of international-based telecommunications providers and federal and state transactional and certification filings. She is a member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- Kristi L. Wolff, Advertising and Marketing Ms. Wolff focuses on food, dietary supplements, medical devices, and emerging health/wearable technology and privacy issues. She has extensive experience advising clients whose products are within the overlapping jurisdictions of the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission. Ms. Wolff handles matters across the full product lifecycle, including concept analysis, claim substantiation, label review, quality and recall scenarios, and contested matters involving the FTC, FDA, National Advertising Division, and state attorneys general. Having served as in-house counsel in the healthcare and food products industries, Ms. Wolff is particularly attuned to balancing business objectives with legal considerations. In 2015, she was selected as one of Washington D.C.'s Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. Ms. Wolff is a member of the District of Columbia, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, and Wisconsin State Bars.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an international law firm founded in 1836 with more than 300 lawyers and other professionals practicing in New York, NY; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Stamford, CT; Parsippany, NJ, Naples, FL; and Brussels, Belgium, additionally offering a full scope of legal service through our affiliate relationship with the Mumbai-based independent law firm, Fortitude Law Associates.
SOURCE Kelley Drye & Warren LLP