BATTLE CREEK, Mich., March 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Kellogg Company is joining people around the world to celebrate International Women's Day (IWD) and is launching a global video to inspire conversation and bring further awareness to gender equity.
Women make a positive impact on business, yet according to the World Economic Forum, gender parity is still more than 200 years away. Kellogg is constantly working to have a workforce reflective of the consumers it serves, at all levels of the organization. Together with its Business/Employee Resource Group (B/ERG) Women of Kellogg, Kellogg is engaging employees in events and conversations on gender balance and equity.
IWD, globally recognized on March 8, is a celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women – while also marking a call to action for accelerating gender balance and parity. This year's IWD theme, #BalanceforBetter, recognizes that gender balance is essential for economies and communities to thrive – balance is not a women's issue, it's a business issue.
Kellogg's global video highlights its continued efforts toward gender equity and features Kellogg employees from around the world striking the #BalanceforBetter pose, demonstrating the desire for a gender-balanced world.
"Celebrating International Women's Day is an opportunity to recognize our employees' successes and to continue the discussion on gender equity," says Kris Bahner, Senior Vice President, Global Corporate Affairs and Global Executive Sponsor of Women of Kellogg. "At Kellogg, we know people are our greatest asset, they drive our Deploy for Growth Strategy and we've seen firsthand the business advantages of fostering an inclusive culture and diverse workforce."
In support of gender equity, Kellogg has implemented a number of initiatives, some of which include:
- Women of Kellogg: As a truly global Business/Employee Resource Group (B/ERG), Women of Kellogg's mission, through education, conversation and opportunity, is to empower women and engage men to advocate for gender equity in the workplace – and in the world – in support of individual success, collective advancement and business improvement.
- Gender Equity & Women's Empowerment Programs: Kellogg has programs in place to support gender equity and women's empowerment across our value chain. These programs support women-owned businesses in our supplier base and support women farmers and workers across the world where our ingredients are grown.
- For example, these programs have supported more than 10,000 women farmers and workers improve livelihoods for their families through improved agricultural practices.
- Association of National Advertisers Alliance for Family Entertainment: Our brands are committed to improving gender equity and women's empowerment. In 2017, we joined the U.S.-based Association of National Advertisers Alliance for Family Entertainment #SeeHer movement to increase the accurate portrayals of women and girls in U.S. advertising and media.
- Catalyst CEO Champion for Change: Kellogg is committed to accelerating our gender equity progress to increase our female representation across all areas of the business, and has demonstrated that commitment by signing the Catalyst CEO Champion for Change initiative.
- Breakfasts for Better Days™: Women and girls represent 60 percent of all undernourished people in the world. Through our Breakfasts for Better Days™ global signature cause platform, we've donated more than 1.1 billion servings of food to people in need in the last two years alone. And, we've supported feeding programs for more than 1.1 million children to ensure they can reach their full potential.
For more information, visit KelloggCompany.com.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. Our beloved brands include Pringles®, Cheez-It®, Keebler®, Special K®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats®, Kashi®, RXBAR® and more. Net sales in 2018 were approximately $13.5 billion, comprised principally of snacks and convenience foods like cereal and frozen foods. Kellogg brands are beloved in markets around the world. We are also a company with Heart & Soul, committed to creating three billion Better Days by the end of 2025 through our Breakfasts for Better Days global purpose platform. Visit www.KelloggCompany.com or www.OpenforBreakfast.com.
SOURCE Kellogg Company