LOUISVILLE, Ky., March 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Kentucky Fried Chicken®, known for its unique marketing stunts, unveiled today that the company is taking its ideas to the masses via crowdfunding platform Indiegogo by launching KFC Innovations Lab. KFC Innovations Lab was created to bring more of the company's craziest and most innovative marketing ideas to life by providing fans, or anyone that just wants to see if KFC can really pull this off, an opportunity to help turn these ground-breaking ideas into a reality.
"KFC was founded with the spirit of innovation – the Colonel's patented pressure frying process, bucket packaging, and his secret blend of 11 herbs and spices took the world by storm," said Steve Kelly, KFC U.S. director of media and digital marketing. "With the launch of KFC Innovations Lab, non-Colonels can now be part of that process and support important projects such as a hot tub that looks like a bucket of fried chicken, so we can keep focusing on making actual buckets of fried chicken."
Over the past several years, KFC has released exclusive products that celebrate the company's heritage and its iconic founder, like its KFC Limited clothing line, the KFC 11 Herbs & Spices Firelog, and Colonel Sanders Floatie. Now, through KFC Innovations Lab, KFC is asking consumers to consider the following ideas and fund their favorite(s):
- Kentucky Fried Hot Tub: Introducing a revolution in hot tub technology – a hot tub that looks like a KFC bucket. This giant bucket features wood-fired thermosyphoning heating technology, the capacity for five fried chicken-loving people, and a full 360 degrees of Kentucky Fried Chicken branding.
- Colonel on Ice: For years people have been inspired by the story of how Colonel Harland Sanders went from a sixth grade drop out to the founder of a fried chicken empire. So, KFC will tell the story in a way that has captivated the world – by spinning around on ice.
- Little Colonel Locator: The newest innovation in Colonel-approved fashion, the Little Colonel Locator combines fashionable neckwear with the latest in location-tracking technology. The world's first location-tracking necktie will help you find anyone or anything that's wearing this tie – as long as they're within 100 feet of your smartphone.
- Smart Cane Remote: Available for anyone who doesn't want to stand up and turn the television dial. The Smart Cane Remote combines the best of both products – smart remotes and canes – into one product that is stylish, functional and totally new.
- Picnic with the Colonel: The greatest development in picnicking technology that's made out of cardboard. This kit includes a pop-up table and life-size cardboard Colonel to hold a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (sold separately at KFC restaurants nationwide). Never again will you have to enjoy your $20 Fill Up while sitting on a flimsy picnic blanket.
Should a project become fully backed by supporters, KFC will work with KFC Innovations Lab inventors to begin production of the funded idea and turn KFC's (and the consumers who contributed) dream into a reality. For smaller contributions, KFC is offering exclusive KFC Innovations Lab-branded swag. Depending on the contribution amount, contributors can receive the following perks: KFC Innovations Lab sweatpants, t-shirts or a 3-D puffy sticker pack (limited quantities of swag available). If a project does not reach its target goal, all contributions will be refunded to individual supporters and perks will not be given away. To learn more about KFC's most innovative ideas yet, visit KFC Innovations Lab.
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain. KFC specializes in Original Recipe®, Extra Crispy™, Kentucky Grilled Chicken® and Extra Crispy™ Tenders, Hot Wings®, KFC Famous Bowls®, Pot Pies, freshly hand prepared chicken sandwiches, biscuits and homestyle side items. There are more than 22,000 KFC restaurants in over 135 countries and territories around the world. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE: YUM). For more information, visit www.kfc.com. Follow KFC on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kfc), Twitter (www.twitter.com/kfc) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/KFC).