KineticD Expands Global Presence with U.S. Datacenter
Troy Cheeseman Named Vice President of Datacenter Operations
Apr 17, 2013, 08:00 ET
TORONTO, April 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KineticD™, known for its cloud backup and data recovery services for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), today announced the opening of its U.S. data center and the appointment of Troy Cheeseman as vice president of datacenter operations for both the U.S. and Canada.
- The facility will incorporate the same state-of-the-art protection, scalability and security as KineticD's successful Canadian datacenter.
- The U.S. datacenter will facilitate the company's expansion and support an OEM partnership with a global provider of technology solutions for computer manufacturers.
- Troy's experience includes more than 12 years with the CITI technology and infrastructure group that included full data center operations and support for multiple lines of business across the NAM, EMEA and AsiaPAC regions.
- As early at Q3 2013, new KineticD customers will have the option to choose where their data resides on a per account basis.
Jamie Brenzel, CEO for KineticD, said:
"Data location is a major concern for all businesses that find it necessary to comply with regulatory requirements such as HIPPA in the U.S. and PIPEDA in Canada. Data safety is always top of mind for KineticD as we strive to provide our customers with the means to realize the benefits of storing and accessing sensitive information in the Cloud while meeting government regulations."
Troy Cheeseman, VP U.S. datacenter operations for KineticD, said:
"As we expand datacenter operations in the U.S., I look forward to helping our customers focus on the most strategic and cost-effective way for them to grow their businesses without having to worry about data storage and backup."
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KineticD
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/KineticD
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/company/KineticD
KineticD™, an early pioneer of cloud backup technology, has set a new industry standard by providing small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) with the same level of security and protection that is available to large enterprises. KineticD's patented KineticCloud™ Backup technology, known for its scalability, advanced data reduction capabilities and ease-of-use, has won prestigious industry awards and has been featured in many key industry publications. Founded in 2002, KineticD technologies and solutions are currently used daily by over 60,000 customers, 1,000 resellers, 100 MSPs and private label partners for online backup and recovery, archiving, disaster readiness, secure file sharing and remote access. For a free trial or to request more information, visit www.kineticd.com/.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
Share this article