HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Kmart announced it will offer last-minute holiday shoppers reduced prices(1) on more than 1,400 must-have toys to help shoppers finish their Christmas lists. Just last week, the average person admitted they had only completed nearly half of their holiday shopping, leaving most Americans with a lot of shopping to still do, according to National Retail Federation's 2010 Holiday Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, conducted by BIGresearch.
With so many last minute cost-conscious shoppers, Kmart is helping make this holiday season easier and more affordable for all families. In addition to extended store hours, Kmart will offer special deals on toys starting today through Dec. 24 so customers can still get fabulous gifts at a great value.
Additionally, Kmart is offering customers special deals on popular items every kid has on their list. For example, when you purchase toys like Lego, Kung Zhu and remote control cars, deep discounts will be offered on the second purchase.
"We're dedicated to offering our customers great prices on the best toys of the season. With only nine days left until Christmas, we are offering last-minute shoppers great deals to help them complete their lists," said Dev Mukherjee, president of Seasonal, Toys and Home Appliances for Sears Holdings. "We've listened to our customers and know that they are still looking to get great deals on toys that will make their child's Christmas more memorable. To help make this happen, we have extended our sales to offer an incredible selection of toys at unbelievable prices."
Leading up to Christmas, savvy shoppers can find many of the hottest toy brands on sale at Kmart. Some examples include:
- 20 percent off select WWE, Bakugan and Tech Deck
- 30 percent off all Nerf Sports items
- 20 percent off select Toy Story toys
- 25 percent off all Moon Dough
- 25 percent off all Mattel Games
- $9.99 Hasbro Board Games, including select classic board games such as Sorry, Hungry Hungry Hippo, Connect 4, Twister, Scrabble, Monopoly, Trouble.
In addition, Kmart offers some of the most sought-after toys at best-of-the-season prices, including:
- Apples to Apples for $9.99
- Liv Fashion Dolls for $9.99
- Nerf-N-Strike Deploy CS-6 Blaster for $14.99
- Play-Dough Mega Fun Factory for $14.99
- Baby Alive "Bouncing Baby Babbles" for $17.99
- Mind Flex for $54.99
For more information and to find a store near you or shop online, visit www.kmart.com.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq : SHLD ), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, County Living, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company's website at www.kmart.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
(1) Sale prices and dates may vary. Please check the weekly Kmart circular or visit www.kmart.com for the deals available and specific dates in your area.