LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- (LAS VEGAS, NV @ CES2016) – Chosen as a Top 12 Health Innovation of 2015 by Popular Science and a Best Dental Buy for 2016 by askthedentist.com, Kolibree enters 2016 by introducing new products, games and software at CES 2016.
Kolibree's preventive oral care platform connects dentists and patients with a personal approach to oral health. Four new games, scheduled for release in spring 2016, use Kolibree's connected sonic toothbrush that doubles as a game controller with 3D motion sensors to guide the user toward better brushing. See where you brushed and where you missed; score higher by using the correct angle of the brush to attack plaque and bacteria. The new games cover ages 3 through teenage years while Coach features are primarily for adults.
Kolibree is the only smart sonic toothbrush with gaming for both iOS and Android. Kolibree's flagship Go Pirate is totally revamped and new– it's now a fun 3-month training course for young children. Kolibree's sonic toothbrush with 3D motion sensors weighs only 2.5 ounces.
- Rabbids Invasion - the irreverent, wacky characters from the popular video games and TV series Rabbids® Invasion are joining Kolibree's line-up of child-friendly teaching tools to help kids learn to brush their teeth better to prevent cavities. Game developer Ubisoft has decided to work with Kolibree's platform for this novel approach to preventive oral health. (ages 3-12)
- La Fontaine's Fables - Hear the stories as you brush; stop brushing and the story stops, too. (ages 3-6)
- Dive Olly Dive - Olly the Happy Submarine finds adventure under the sea. (ages 6-12)
- Rage Against the Zombies – This game for adolescents is an ideal partner for Kolibree's new orthodontics brush head for people with braces. (ages 12+)
For Kids coming in spring 2016
- Kolibree's orthodontic brush head is designed, with the help of dentists, for users wearing braces. Brush more easily, safely and gently directly around the brackets to prevent those dreaded post-orthodontia cavities. Available in three colors.
- Accessories include fun stickers to customize toothbrush handles, a brush head cap to protect your brush when traveling, and a mirror-mounted phone holder.
- Three-mode sonic vibration: for "average" needs, stubborn plaque and sensitive gums
- Vibrant new colors
- Firmware update delivers faster speeds for new upcoming games
- Longer battery life of two to three weeks depending on usage
- Grownups who don't want to open the app every time they brush can now select Offline Mode. This allows the user to brush daily with Kolibree while data is quietly stored to transfer to the app next time it's opened. Available at kolibree.com for $149.
The Kolibree Platform
Kolibree gives parents fun tools to help children learn to brush properly from a very young age.
"The Kolibree platform strengthens the dentist-patient relationship by allowing parents to digitally share family brushing habits with their dentist as part of a personalized approach to preventive dental care," said Thomas Serval, Kolibree founder and CEO.
Tooth decay is considered the most common chronic disease of children and adolescents even though it is largely preventable, according to a 2015 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Teaching children good oral hygiene from a very young age is the best way to create a healthy habit that lasts a lifetime.
January 6, 10 - 11:15 am, Press Conference: Living in Digital Times Breakfast Special: Trends & Products with a Side of Innovation, Venetian, Level 2, Bellini 2003
January 7, 3:30 pm, Family Tech Summit Panel: The Internet of Things Comes Home: A Smart Home is a Happy Home, featuring Kolibree Founder/CEO Thomas Serval, Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4301
For more information visit our Living in Digital Times CES online press kit: http://lidt_ces.vporoom.com/Kolibree
Kolibree, the smart oral care company, is dedicated to innovation of connected health solutions. Kolibree's flagship product, the world's first connected electric toothbrush with 3D motion sensors, uses proprietary technology for an interactive and fun teaching experience to improve oral care and oral health for children and adults. Kolibree has offices in New York, Paris and Hong Kong. Visit kolibree.com, twitter.com/kolibree, facebook.com/sharekolibree, instagram.com/sharekolibree and pinterest.com/sharekolibree.
See you in Las Vegas #CES2016:
January 4 – CES Unveiled
January 6 -9 – Sands 74749
January 7 – Family Tech Summit