NEW YORK, March 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- KPMG International has been named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape Worldwide Digital Enterprise Strategy Consulting Services 2015 Vendor Assessment (#254679, March 2015). The report evaluated the capabilities and business strategies of leading firms in the global digital enterprise strategy consulting services marketplace and highlighted KPMG's ability to capture and leverage data to improve customer service.
"The explosion of data and digitally available information has quickly transformed how organizations are engaging with their customers, employees and the marketplace," said Mark A. Goodburn, Global Head of Advisory, KPMG International. "The KPMG network continues to help clients successfully develop and execute strategies that fully embrace this new digital reality."
The IDC MarketScape assessment found KPMG's Global Digital Strategy Consulting practice to be consistently viewed as among the most capable digital enterprise strategy services providers in several areas, including:
- Improving accessibility of information resources internally or for customers
- Leveraging digital capabilities to improve the effectiveness of internal operations
- Digital marketing
- Usability of digital and visual design of information resources
- Improving information architecture
- Aligning a client's digital presence with its corporate brand
"Business leaders are increasingly dependent on data and analytics, cloud solutions and mobile capability to enhance efficiencies and improve margins," said Miriam Hernandez-Kakol, Principal, KPMG LLP (US) and U.S. Technology Enablement leader. "Being recognized as a leader in enterprise digital strategy is directly aligned with our focus on leading the digital transformation discussion with our clients."
Recent KPMG strategic announcements in the digital space include:
- The launch of Chaordix: Crowd Connection, KPMG's global Web- and mobile-based crowdsourcing tool that provides employee engagement, market intelligence, brand feedback and product co-creation and innovation in February 2015.
- Taking a substantial equity stake in Bottlenose Inc., a real-time cloud-based trend intelligence company in December 2014.The launch of a virtual research and development center, KPMG Insights Labs, in May 2014.
- The acquisition of Cynergy Systems, Inc., a leader in digital and mobile solutions in March 2014.
- The launch of KPMG Capital, a new investment fund created to accelerate innovation in data and analytics, in November 2013.
- KPMG's Center of Excellence has also developed an Enterprise Mobility Framework solution that helps clients organize, manage, execute, and deploy diverse mobile initiatives along the mobile journey.
"Our ability not only to advise clients on digital strategy but also to help them design, develop, and deliver immersive consumer and engaging employee experiences is exactly what our clients tell us they need," added Dave Wolf, Managing Director, KPMG LLP (US), and former VP of Cynergy. "Creating these experiences in a people-centric fashion while delivering tangible business results is a critical part of our DNA."
KPMG also was recently named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services 2015 Vendor Analysis (#254320), in the Americas (#254318) and in Asia-Pacific (#254319) and a Major Player in EMEA (#254680).
About KPMG International
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 155 countries and have more than 162,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. For more information, visit www.kpmg.com.
About KPMG LLP
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.kpmg.com/us), is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International's member firms have 162,000 professionals, including more than 9,000 partners, in 155 countries.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective.