NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- KPMG Cyber Security Services has launched a new, innovative tool called KPMG Digital Responder (KDR), the first flat-rate cyber investigations tool on the market. KDR allows KPMG to automate cyber response from the point of collection to reporting – at a predictable fixed price. The KDR tool will reduce costs of cyber investigations, shift time spent from collecting data to actual analysis, and most importantly, provide more time to organizations to make faster, more informed strategic business decisions to manage potential cyber security risks.
WATCH – KPMG Digital Responder Video
"A cyber investigation can wreak havoc on an IT budget as it's an open-ended cost depending on the impact of the incident, which can start in the thousands of dollars and can go up to the hundreds of thousands of dollars," said Tony Buffomante, US Leader for KPMG Cyber Security Services. "Our flat-rate pricing model gives our customers the knowledge to know exactly what the investigation will cost, allowing them to better manage their budgets, staff and manage the expectations of the board."
How KDR works:
- KPMG customizes the KDR tool to fit the needs of the customer and the specific type of cyber investigation.
- KDR is an installation-free tool. It can be easily deployed via the cloud, encrypted USB stick or network shares.
- Collected data is then packaged into an encrypted container and sent to KPMG securely for processing at our US Cyber Lab.
- Upon receipt, KPMG automatically parses and normalizes the collected data, inserting it into a database that performs thousands of common forensic analysis procedures and routines. This process provides consistent and more informed results.
- After analysis, a standardized investigative report is created based on the investigation type and sent back to the customer.
"Brands, reputations and bottom-lines are won and lost after a cyber incident by how a company responds. Decisions need to be made extremely fast to find the leak, make repairs to the digital infrastructure and begin the process of communicating to employees, clients and stake holders," said Ed Goings, Cyber Response Leader for KPMG Cyber Security Services. "By giving our customers a strategic report and plan within hours, instead of days and weeks, our customers are better prepared to answer questions about what has occurred in a timelier manner."
Please visit our KPMG Digital Responder web page for more information on the tool.
About KPMG LLP
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.us/kpmg.com), is the independent U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International's independent member firms have 189,000 professionals, including more than 9,000 partners, in 152 countries.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kpmg-revolutionizes-the-cyber-investigations-market-with-first-flat-rate-automated-tool-300405774.html
SOURCE KPMG LLP