LOS ANGELES, May 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The future meets the past not only in the groundbreaking new videogame L.A. Noire developed by Rockstar Games (Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption) and Team Bondi, but also in the EP spin-off, that brings together the soundtrack's classic jazz with some of today's hottest and most acclaimed DJs, producers and remixers. Various Artists - Verve Records and Rockstar Games Present LA Noire Remixed, to be released digitally May 17, 2011, features six '30s-'40s gems from jazz greats Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Jordan, Dinah Washington, Gene Krupa and Lionel Hampton remixed by Dave Sitek (TV on the Radio), DJ Premier (Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Kanye West), Truth & Soul (Amy Winehouse, Aloe Blacc, Adele), Ticklah (Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings), Midnight Sun (Midnight Magic) and Detroit techno/house innovator Moodymann.
The latest installment in the Verve Remixed series, the Various Artists - Verve Records and Rockstar Games Present LA Noire Remixed EP was inspired by the timeless songs in the game. L.A. Noire is a crime thriller that follows a young detective in 1947 Los Angeles as solves cases and rises through the ranks of the LAPD in one of the most violent and corrupt years in the city's history. L.A. Noire releases on May 17 for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
- Stone Cold Dead In The Market (Ticklah remix) – Louis Jordan and Ella Fitzgerald
- Hey-Ba-Ba-Re-Bop (Midnight Sun remix) – Lionel Hampton
- Slick Chick (David Andrew Sitek remix) – Dinah Washington
- Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens (DJ Premier remix) – Louis Jordan
- Sing Sing Sing (Truth & Soul remix) – Gene Krupa
- That Ol' Devil Called Love (Moodymann remix) – Billie Holiday