BELOIT, Wis., Aug. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, where millions of deal hunters go to stack coupons with cash back, presents a one-stop-shop to quickly compare the best Labor Day deals and coupons from hundreds of top retail stores. Early Labor Day sales bring the kick-off of summer clearance which coincides with Back to School clearance, as well as the clearing of other big ticket inventory, like major appliances, mattresses and furniture. Shoppers can reap savings to the tune of 20-80% on patio furniture, grills, tailgating gear, summer clothing and shoes, and a variety of items for the home as retailers look to make inventory room for holiday merchandise. FatWallet members will stack additional savings from increased cash back from dozens of top stores including Walmart, Home Depot, Sears and Overstock.
"Like President's Day and Memorial Day, retailers now lengthen Labor Day sales into a 10 day marathon resulting in some of the best prices of the year on a wide variety of items," states Brent Shelton, Online Shopping Expert from FatWallet. "September can be very fruitful to family budgets, if they know what to shop for."
Seven Labor Day and Seasonal Clearance Hacks:
- Summer Clothing Clearance: The perfect opportunity to buy t-shirts, shorts, sandals, swimwear and sunglasses at the lowest seasonal prices from 50-75% off retail at both bigbox and branded stores like AERO, Levi's, Nike and PacSun.
- Back to School Clothing and Tech Clearance: Hitting back to school clearance the last week of August during early Labor Day events can offer savings of up to 25% more than in August and July, including laptop deals and older cell phone deals in September (thanks to new iPhones).
- Yard, Grills and Patio Furniture Clearance: Starting Labor Day and through September, home and garden items see huge discounting from 20% to 60% off, including savings on other accessories like seat cushions, grilling utensils and weed whackers.
- Appliances and Mattresses: To make room for new models, Labor Day sales offer 50% or more discounting on the big ticket home items, especially last year's appliances and mattresses (not refrigerators) - the lowest prices we'll see until Black Friday.
- Fall Fashion: Waiting until mid to late September will pay dividends on buying fall fashion as sale pricing becomes more in focus on the items once summer inventory is cleared out, ramp up to 40% off by the end of the month on boots, jeans, jackets and sweatshirts.
- Sports and Outdoors: Expect end of season clearance on baseball, golf, biking, camping and fishing and in season sale pricing for hunting apparel and gear from Cabela's, Walmart, Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops.
- Holiday Travel Deals: Best time to book in advance for Thanksgiving and Holiday travel (times, selection and price) as top travel sites offer up to 50% off on airfare, hotels and packages. TIP: Add cash back from more than 100 travel sites shopping through FatWallet and find insider tips for best rates, credit card hacks and stackable travel offers on FatWallet's Travel Discussion forum.
About FatWallet: FatWallet.com publishes thousands of current store discounts, coupon codes and free shipping offers that stack with Cash Back rewards from more than 1,600 online retailers. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. The new FatWallet Express is the "easy button" for online shoppers to assure cash back on every purchase online, and FatWallet Cash Back Shopping App for the same savings opportunities on their mobile devices.