CHICAGO, May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- LafargeHolcim today announced the names of the eight recipients of the 34th Annual Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship, an award open to children of LafargeNA, Holcim (US) and Aggregate Industries US employees.
- Silvia Bononi, daughter of Christian Bononi, area sales manager, Greenport Sales Office, New York
- Jackson Brewer, son of Stephanie Brewer, controller, Addison, Texas
- Sydney Brown, daughter of Sally Keairns, credit manager, Craig Road Office, Nevada
- Emma Howard, daughter of Ty Howard, Area Environmental & Public Affairs manager, Devil's Slide plant, Utah
- Kamrin Penny, daughter of Carla Carroll, RMX driver, Roanoke, Texas
- McKenzie Smith, daughter of Dale Smith, project engineer, Joppa plant, Illinois
- Daniel Stephens, son of Kenneth Stephens, maintenance manager, Devil's Slide plant, Utah
- Jaynie Wilkinson, daughter of Ross Wilkinson, electrician, Devil's Slide plant, Utah
"I'd like to congratulate each of the winners and thank all of the applicants who applied for this year's award," said John Stull, CEO, US Cement. "We wish each of the applicants much success in their future pursuits."
This scholarship was originally established in 1983 to recognize the accomplishments of the children of Holcim employees. In 2013, the scholarship program was expanded to include children of eligible Aggregate Industries US employees, and in 2015, it expanded to include LafargeNA employees. The award honors the memories of Hans Gygi and Marc R. von Wyss, two former leaders of Holcim and its predecessor companies.
"We believe the scholarship program is an investment in the future and one of the exceptional benefits offered to our employees," said Guy Edwards, CEO of the US ACM business.
Each winner will receive a financial scholarship worth $6,000 for the 2017-2018 academic year and will be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship for an additional three years based on continuous academic performance. Since the Foundation began 34 years ago, more than 100 young adults have received the Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship.
With a well-balanced presence in 90 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates and concrete, LafargeHolcim (SIX Swiss Exchange, Euronext Paris: LHN) is the world leader in the building materials industry. With a commitment to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure and to contribute to a higher quality of life, the Group is best positioned to meet the challenges of increasing urbanization.
In the United States, LafargeHolcim companies include close to 350 sites in 43 states and employ 7,000 people. Our customers rely on us to help them design and build better communities with innovative solutions that deliver structural integrity and eco-efficiency.
Head of US Communications
T: +1 773 355 4701
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lafargeholcim-announces-recipients-of-the-2017-gygi-and-von-wyss-foundation-scholarship-300449613.html