MUNICH and NEUBIBERG, Germany, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, today introduced its XWAY™ ARX300 device family for new ADSL2/2+ Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) designs. The Lantiq XWAY ARX300 family includes four System-on-Chip (SoC) derivatives which address different system configurations, ranging from cost-optimized fast Ethernet to feature-rich, high-performance Gigabit Ethernet systems. They are designed to support telecom carrier programs to enhance and extend ADSL2/2+ services in worldwide markets.
XWAY ARX300 Family Highlights
With the new device family, Lantiq provides several new features:
- Complete ADSL PHY on-chip, including line driver circuitry, compliant with ITU-T G.992 for 28 Mbps downstream and 2.7 Mbps upstream data rates supporting physical layer features such as erasure decoding and retransmission (G.998.4), directly benefiting Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) applications.
- Industry's first fully integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch and Gigabit or Fast Ethernet PHYs.
- Integrated, flexible 802.11n Wireless LAN (WLAN) connectivity supporting 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency band operation. XWAY™ WRX312 (2x2 MIMO) and XWAY™ WRX313 (3x3 MIMO) companion chips are low power multi-standard IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n RF transceiver with integrated power amplifier for 2.4 GHz band operation.
- Two device versions: XWAY™ ARX382 and XWAY™ ARX388 derivatives leverage Lantiq's extensive voice communications and home networking portfolio in multiple reference designs, including XWAY™ SLIC 100 voice interface, COSIC™ Modem DECT/CAT-iq single-chip device, and XWAY™ HNX G.hn chipsets for powerline/phone line/copper wire connectivity.
- Low system Bill of Materials (BOM) due to market-leading integration level.
XWAY ARX300 Performance Highlights
- High-performance dual-processor architecture includes a 500 MHz CPU and dedicated 32-bit protocol processing engine that assures Gigabit routing performance with zero load on the application processor.
- Fully-compliant 802.11n.e/i/h WLAN performance at up to 300 Mbps with zero-packet-error rate technology and "Thick MAC" architecture to offload processor intensive operations from the main CPU supports carrier grade wireless links for rich media, including IPTV.
- Designed with power management mechanisms to meet European CoC v4 and beyond requirements.
"ADSL is the prevailing broadband access technology. In 2011, over half of all broadband access CPE shipments (including DSL, Cable and FTTH) and more than 85% of DSL devices were ADSL CPEs, according to the recent Infonetics' Broadband CPE Market Tracker. With more than 50 million CPE shipments annually worldwide, ADSL will continue to be the largest broadband access device category throughout the forecast horizon 2012 to 2015."
Rainer Spielberg, Vice President of Marketing, Lantiq: "Lantiq's ARX300 family is the first fully integrated GigE/ADSL/WLAN SoC for routers and IADs. It enables carriers to meet growing demand for triple-play services and in-home Gigabit throughput with significant cost, size and power savings at no system performance compromise. This achievement will open the market to new applications around home connectivity and home automation."
XWAY ARX300 devices are available now for engineering development with key customers. Volume production to support customer roll-outs will begin in the fourth quarter of this year.
Lantiq offers a broad and innovative product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital home. The company specializes in broadband communications encompassing analog, digital and mixed-signal ICs along with comprehensive software suites. Lantiq is a fabless company and its semiconductor solutions are deployed by major carriers and in home networks in every region of the world. Further information is available at: www.lantiq.com.