LAS VEGAS, Aug. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's hottest Latin artists and entertainers will soon be arriving in Las Vegas to celebrate Mexican Independence Day. Each year, thousands of visitors make their way to Las Vegas to enjoy its internationally famous entertainment and to take part in the cultural festivities surrounding the month-long celebration.
Visitors will be welcomed by a host of A-list talent performing on the Las Vegas Strip including:
- Eight-time GRAMMY® Award winner Carlos Santana performs "Supernatural Santana - A Trip Through The Hits" at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sept. 3-5
- Five-time GRAMMY® Award winner Luis Miguel will perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Sept. 15-18
- Alejandro Fernandez brings a spirit of Mexican Independence and pride to the Grand Garden Arena at MGM Grand Sept. 15
- Five-time Billboard award winners Los Temerarios will make a stop at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on Sept. 18 as part of their "Si Tu Te Vas Tour"
- Marco Antonio Solis and Pedro Fernandez will celebrate 30 years of career excellence as they perform together at the Event Center at Mandalay Bay Sept. 18
- Rodrigo y Gabriela, the Mexican musical duo famous for their unique rhythmic flamenco guitar playing, are scheduled to perform at The House of Blues at Mandalay Bay on Sept. 25
- Shakira, the most successful female Latin singer of all time with two GRAMMY Awards, seven Latin GRAMMY Awards and twelve Billboard Latin Music Awards, will perform at the Events Center at Mandalay Bay on Oct. 16.
Outstanding comedians will also make stops in Las Vegas including a performance by Carlos Mencia at Treasure Island on Sept. 17 while actor and comedian Gabriel Iglesias takes the stage at the Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino Sept. 9-11 and Sept. 16-18.
The 20th Annual Las Vegas International Mariachi Festival, a four-hour music and dance extravaganza celebrating Mexican heritage, will be held at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino on Sept. 18 at 8:00 p.m., where visitors can delight in the unique sounds of trumpets and guitars accompanied by traditional Latin vocals. The gala will feature special guests Shaila Durcal and Antonio Aguilar Jr. along with Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan, Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez and Mariachi Los Camperos de Nati Cano.
The celebration doesn't end there! The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino is hosting the third annual Las Vegas Tequila Fest, Sept. 17-18, which is a unique tequila tasting event where participants can sample legendary brands from renowned international labels as well as new and upcoming brands from spirits distilled in the heart of Mexico.
In addition to entertainment, Las Vegas has truly redefined the culinary experience by offering world-class restaurants, more Master Sommeliers than any other city in the world, and the most comprehensive collection of celebrity chefs. As the dining and nightclub scenes evolve in Las Vegas, new restaurants continue to open nearly every month, providing unique experiences for repeat visitors, including many dedicated to Latin culinary arts:
- One of the most popular of these new restaurants is Diego at MGM Grand. The restaurant turns into a high energy club later in the evening with Vida!, a Latin flavored dance party combining the best in Latin music and modern flair featuring top Latin DJs spinning the latest in Reggaeton, Spanish pop and rock beats.
- Fiery Brazilian SUSHISAMBA recently opened at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino and offers diners a unique tasting experience into Latin cuisine.
- Stephen Hanson and B.R. Guest opened Dos Caminos Las Vegas, at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, the first outside of New York City
- Trattoria del Lupo at Mandalay Bay features well-known celebrity chef, Guatemalan native Eduardo Perez, who worked his way up within the renowned Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group family, and now serves as the executive chef.
- Tacos & Tequila at the Luxor is home to Executive Chef Saul Ortiz, originally from Mexico City. T&T features a weekly Mariachi Sunday Brunch with a live mariachi band with fabulous, authentic Mexican food from Chef Ortiz.
Enter any casino resort and discover amazing shopping opportunities around every corner. From Manolo and Jimmy Choo to Prada, Fendi, Louis Vuitton and Gucci, more than 700 different retail outlets and 11-million-square-feet of shopping fill the destination. One-of-a-kind shopping venues include Wynn Esplanade, The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace, Mandalay Place, Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood, Via Bellagio, Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian, Fashion Show Mall, and The Shoppes at Palazzo. For those looking to really indulge, The Strip is home to the Penske/Wynn Ferrari-Maserati dealership, as well as Lamborghini Las Vegas in The Palazzo. There is something for everyone in Las Vegas, as the bargain outlet shopping scene has upped the ante with the Las Vegas Outlet Center, the Las Vegas Premium Outlets and the Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas, all located nearby and offering shoppers hundreds of additional options.
For even more reasons to get to Vegas right now, go to www.VisitLasVegas.com.
About the LVCVA
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With approximately 148,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 10-million-square-feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA mission centers on attracting everincreasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.visitlasvegas.com.
SOURCE Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority