NEWARK, Del., May 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Laurel Bridge Software, a provider of enterprise medical imaging workflow solutions, has introduced additional intelligence to their enterprise workflow solutions that improves the availability of historical comparison imaging studies for unscheduled and long-lead time medical imaging exams.
The Navigator™ - Imaging Retrieval Workflow Manager now enables requests for historical imaging studies to be prioritized. This supports the unique needs of unscheduled ED, Stroke, and Trauma, imaging as well as long lead-time, pre-scheduled imaging studies, such as breast, lung, and oncology follow-up imaging.
Referencing historical comparison exams to improve clinical quality and reduce risk is most pressing in urgent care settings and in long-term follow-up imaging situations. Site specific workflow criteria that can now be used to meet the unique needs of these clinical situations now include:
- Status (e.g., STAT, Walk-in)
- Department (e.g., ED, ICU, Stroke)
- Study or procedure type (e.g., Trauma, Stroke)
- Date of next scheduled exam
- Location (e.g., originating or destination)
- Modality or time-of-day
This latest Navigator software release also adds:
- The ability to concurrently retrieve historical clinical reports or other files along with the associated DICOM imaging studies.
- The ability to schedule prefetching when no RIS or other ordering or scheduling system is available.
- Performance improvements in complex environments and scenarios when a patient might have multiple exams scheduled for the same day.
- Simplified workflow and system activity monitoring facilities.
About Laurel Bridge Software
Laurel Bridge Software provides enterprise imaging workflow solutions that solve complex, mission-critical imaging workflows that often arise when multiple business entities and their disparate clinical imaging systems must be unified. Our solutions reliably ensure new and historical DICOM imaging studies, HL7 messages, and non-DICOM objects are available to the clinical staff, at the point-of-care. Laurel Bridge's imaging workflow solutions have been implemented at thousands of healthcare facilities, teleradiology service providers, and radiology group practices in more than 35 countries, directly and through integration partners. Learn more by viewing our virtual press kit and visiting www.laurelbridge.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/laurel-bridge-enhances-imaging-workflow-capability-300450656.html
SOURCE Laurel Bridge Software