NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Lendlease, one of the world's largest development, property, infrastructure and construction firms, continues to raise the bar in employee engagement; evidenced by achieving outstanding results on its recent 2015 Towers Watson Global Employee Engagement Survey.
Lendlease also continues to enhance its employee health and wellbeing with the introduction of exciting new benefits to its staff leave programs, which are designed to promote flexibility and work/life balance.
To measure the level of engagement among its employees, Lendlease engaged Towers Watson to undertake an independent survey to measure all aspects that contribute to employee engagement.
This highly recognized independent Global Employee Engagement Survey is conducted every two years and measures Lendlease in 12 specific categories against an extensive list of Global High Performing Companies. The 2015 results delivered exceptional results across the business.
Key highlights were:
- Lendlease exceeded the Global High Performing Company Norms benchmark in 9 out of the 12 categories;
- Employee engagement, which measures employee satisfaction and commitment to an organization, measured 88%, outperforming the Towers Watson's Global High Performing Company Norms benchmark by 4%; and,
- A remarkable 99% of employees surveyed support the company values and 94% believe in the company's strategic goals and objectives.
Denis Hickey, Lendlease Americas, Chief Executive Officer said, "Our people are the most important part of Lendlease and we strive to create an environment where everyone feels included, valued and has the opportunity to personally excel., We are proud of these results, particularly where we have worked together with our people to improve results on pay & performance management, professional development, leadership and operating internally. Our results show that, by creating an environment for open employee feedback combined with a commitment from the company to focus on improvement, together we can continue to create a highly engaging environment."
Employee Leave Programs
In addition to having an extensive employee benefits program, Lendlease recently introduced new and improved leave program initiatives, including extended maternity leave, the introduction of specific wellness leave as well as extending the minimum base annual leave entitlement for all employees.
Specific highlights are:
- Paid parental leave of 12 weeks for the primary caregiver following a birth, adoption or foster care placement with an additional eight weeks of unpaid leave also available;
- Two weeks of paid partner leave during the first eight weeks post birth, adoption or foster placement;
- Annual paid leave has been set at a minimum of four weeks per annum for all eligible employees; and,
- Adding three paid 'Wellness Days' per year, specifically focused on allowing employees to take time off to focus on their personal health & wellbeing.
Mr. Hickey said, "We want our people to be their best and this means everyone having the time and resources to focus on themselves and their families as well as their work. We believe this increases employee engagement, retention and adds to the overall success of both our employees and our company."
For additional information, contact:
Head of Corporate Affairs, Americas
212 592 6946
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and with circa 13,700 (June 2015) employees worldwide, Lendlease's capabilities span the property value chain.
The Americas region, headquartered in New York, offers project management & construction, public partnerships, development, asset and property management. Our expertise covers multiple sectors including arts & culture, commercial office, education, energy, government, healthcare, hotels & resorts, industrial, military housing communities, mixed-use, multi-site, pharmaceutical, senior living, telecommunications, transportation and aviation.
We are committed to operating Incident & Injury Free wherever we have a presence, safely creating innovative and sustainable property solutions while forging partnerships and delivering maximum benefits to clients, investors and communities.
SOURCE Lendlease; Lend Lease