CHICAGO, Aug. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today VTech® announces the wide availability of Flipsies™, a new line that combines traditional role play with collectible dolls and accessories with interactive MagicPoint™ technology to encourage girls to dream big. Anchored by Sandy's House & Ocean Cruiser, the recipient of a Gold Award from the National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA), Flipsies offers endless ways to play with unique features that capture a child's imagination.
Eight introductory themes offer a positive aspirational message by encouraging girls to let their dreams shine and be anything they want to be, whether it's a doctor, marine biologist, teacher, baker, rock star, veterinarian, fashion designer or even a princess. Transformation features combined with interactions between the characters and playsets using MagicPoint and MagicChat™ locations enhance the play value and allow girls to imagine living out their dreams. Every Flipsies doll and playset offers both real world and dream world modes, with MagicPoint locations that elicit unique phrases from the Flipsies dolls to stimulate fun, imaginative role play while encouraging girls to reach for the stars.
Extending the play value for kids with free activities, a Flipsies microsite is available at www.Flipsies.com. This digital experience immerses girls in the world of the Flipsies, offering exciting activities, games, quizzes, videos and more. In addition, the microsite serves as a resource for parents, with tools and advice on how to support and empower their children, build their confidence and help them achieve their dreams.
Flipsies are available now at www.vtechkids.com/flipsies and at major retailers nationwide. The collection launches with 10 playsets ranging from $14.99 - $39.99 and eight dolls at $9.99 each, for endless fun at an affordable price.
"Flipsies marks VTech's first foray into the girl toy aisle, and we are thrilled by the excitement around the line," said William To, President, VTech Electronics North America. "Flipsies brings a new wave of innovation to the industry by inspiring young girls to reach for their dreams through interactive, engaging play experiences that encourage social skills, teach communication and invoke the imagination."
In addition to Sandy's House & Ocean Cruiser, a beautiful 2-in-1 interactive house that magically transforms into a luxury ocean cruiser, the introductory product collection features 18 offerings. The line introduces children to a group of giggly and glamorous girls – the Flipsies – from the sunny town of Charmingdale™. Each Flipsies doll wears a charm with special powers to flip their dreams into reality, and includes two outfits and wigs, plus other accessories. The new range features eight Flipsies friends, including:
- Clementine: Clementine is a social, generous, thoughtful little girl who loves making friends, entertaining and having parties for her pals. She thinks friendship is the perfect recipe for fun and she dreams of being a baker. Her playsets include a cake, ice cream cart and bakery.
- Carina: Carina is patient, optimistic, smart, passionate and ambitious. She enjoys playing golf but also dreams of being a doctor because she loves to help others. She comes with fun accessories like a doctor's lab coat and scrubs.
- Sandy: Sandy loves to make a splash everywhere she goes. She loves all water activities, including swimming, diving, surfing, boating, scuba diving and jet skiing. Her positive, athletic, energetic, adventurous and courageous personality helps her live out her dream of being a marine biologist.
- Styla: Fashionable, sensitive, sassy and creative, Styla loves doing DIY projects, sewing, making jewelry, shopping and giving her friends makeovers. She dreams of becoming a fashion designer and her sewing station and salon & fashion boutique playsets help her attain her goal.
- Grace: Grace is a kind, classy, perky, free-spirited girl who loves to dance, garden, write in her diary and help others. She dreams of being a princess with playsets including a throne and carriage.
- Jazz: Jazz was born to perform with an interest in singing, traveling, entertaining friends and playing all kinds of instruments. She dreams of being a rock star and her talkative, strong, funny and confident personality help her achieve that dream.
- Lexi: Outgoing, enthusiastic, caring and organized, Lexi thinks you can learn something new every day. She enjoys reading, learning and playing sports, especially gymnastics, and dreams of being a teacher.
- Eva: This pet lover is caring, optimistic, courteous, thoughtful and loyal, and dreams of being a veterinarian. Eva's interests include pet-sitting, being outdoors, having a picnic with friends and being around all kinds of animals.
For more information, visit www.vtechkids.com/flipsies.
VTech® is a world leader in age-appropriate and developmental stage-based electronic learning products for children. As a pioneer in the learning toy category, VTech develops high-quality, innovative educational products that enrich children's development and make learning fun. With a rich, almost 35 year history, VTech has not only established itself as a learning authority but also consistently remains at the forefront of innovation with multiple award-winning products such as the InnoTab® MAX, VTech's first children's tablet with Android™ learning content, Kidizoom® Smartwatch, the first smartwatch for kids with a built-in camera, InnoTab® 3S, MobiGo®, V.Reader® and V.Smile®. The Learning Lodge®, VTech's comprehensive app store, features a robust library of more than 800 educational and entertaining games, e-Books, music and videos with engaging age-appropriate content across the widest variety of curricula, with content expanding to offer even more titles. The company also has a broad range of award-winning infant and preschool products available in 25 different languages worldwide, with more than 100 new products introduced every year. VTech was awarded a prestigious 2015 Toy of The Year (TOTY) Award for its Go! Go! Smart Animals® Zoo Explorers Playset™. In order to further strengthen VTech's position as a learning authority, the company's Expert Panel, with esteemed experts in reading, language arts, science, math, and child development, consult on new product introductions and Learning Lodge content.
VTech Electronics North America, LLC is based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. VTech Electronics Limited is headquartered in Hong Kong with distribution globally.
Coyne Public Relations