NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A new series of kitchen appliances from LG Electronics, featuring a highly anticipated finish called "Black Stainless Steel," is elevating the popular stainless steel category to a new level with an undeniable luster and warmth. Today, in celebration of this industry design trend debuted by LG, HGTV design stars David Bromstad and Emily Henderson are co-hosting "Limitless Design," a first-of-its-kind showcase of kitchen design possibilities presented in a way never done before – bringing Pinterest boards from the digital world to the real world.
LG's new black stainless finish, featured in an array of new refrigerators, ranges, dishwashers and microwaves, is an exciting evolution to the traditional stainless steel that has become a mainstay in tens of millions of American kitchens. The modern update features a timeless aesthetic that seamlessly complements a range of infinite kitchen design styles and colors. Its warm, satin-smooth and sophisticated finish is fingerprint and smudge resistant, making it easier than ever to have a premium kitchen that is effortless to maintain.
Industry insiders and influencers attending Limitless Design at New York's renowned One World Trade Center will experience new kitchen design possibilities brought to life through a collection of Black Stainless Steel-inspired Pinterest boards created by Bromstad and Henderson. After curating countless breathtaking and awe-inspiring images from Pinterest, the HGTV design stars will show just how dramatically LG's Black Stainless Steel Series can elevate and complement an eclectic range of cutting-edge and classic design styles.
"I believe that every room in the house should have some element of black to help ground all of the other design choices, while also making a statement," said Emily Henderson, stylist, designer and season five winner of HGTV's "Design Star." "With its beautiful and versatile finish, LG's Black Stainless Steel Series is a smart investment and the perfect touch of warmth and luster for those looking to update their kitchen – whether their style is classic with clean lines or modern with bold accents."
As guests are exploring the limitless design possibilities of LG's Black Stainless Steel, a panel discussion will delve deeper into the emergence of black stainless in home categories and products, while also sharing ways homeowners can increase the value of their homes through kitchen design. Sara Peterson, editor-in-chief of HGTV Magazine, will moderate the conversation among Bromstad and Henderson and other panelists: design influencer Matthew Bremer, principal at Architecture in Formation, and kitchen expert Sharon Steele, of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
Limitless Design Pinterest Contest Brings New Finish Option to Consumers
"We've seen stainless steel move from an exclusive high-end segment to an aspirational category and now to mass premium products, so this is the optimal time to update the category," said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing for LG Electronics USA. "Core and premium brands have introduced new colors to meet the needs of consumers who desire change, and as a pioneer of the black stainless steel movement, LG has created an exciting new finish in the category that offers consumers limitless design possibilities to enhance the look of their kitchen."
To give kitchen design enthusiasts across the nation a unique opportunity to showcase their Pinterest skills, LG Electronics invites consumers to take part in the LG Limitless Design Contest and create their own kitchen design Pinterest boards inspired by Black Stainless Steel. The contest, which runs through Jan. 29, 2016, encourages participants to pin elements that inspire and embody the theme each entrant selects (i.e., rustic country, beach house, American classic, retro chic, etc.). Boards will be judged based on creativity, diversity of pins and the contestants' abilities to deliver on a distinct theme and/or tell a strong story.
Two grand prize winners will be selected and receive a complete kitchen suite of LG Black Stainless Steel Series appliances, $25,000 and a design consultation with Henderson or Bromstad to completely make over their kitchens. Pinterest fans can visit HGTV.com/LGContest to enter.
A Dozen New LG Black Stainless Steel Appliances Available Now
LG's new Black Stainless Steel Series consists of 13 appliances, available now through major U.S. retailers nationwide:
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Counter Depth 4 Door French Door with CustomChill™ Drawer (model LMXC23746D)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series 4 Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door™ (model LPXS30866D)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series 3 Door French Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door™ (model LFXS30766D)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series 4 Door Refrigerator with Double Door-in-Door™ (model LPXS30886D)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Counter Depth 3 Door French Door Refrigerator (LFXS24726D)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Gas Double Oven Range with EvenJet™ Convection and EasyClean® (model LDG3036BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Electric Double Oven Range with True Convection and EasyClean® (model LDE3037BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Gas Single Oven Range with EvenJet™ Convection and EasyClean® (LRG3081BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Electric Single Oven Range with True Convection and EasyClean® (model LRE3083BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven with EasyClean® (LMV2031BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series 2.2 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven with ExtendaVent™ 2.0 and EasyClean® (LMHM2237BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Fully Integrated Dishwasher with TrueSteam™ and EasyRack™ Plus (model LDT9965BD)
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series Fully-Integrated Dishwasher with EasyRack™ Plus System (model LDF7774BD)
For a closer look at the new LG Black Stainless Steel Series, please visit LG.com/us/blackstainless.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-black-stainless-steel-kitchen-appliances-bring-bold-update-to-classic-finish-300194494.html
SOURCE LG Electronics USA