ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading appliance manufacturer LG Electronics today launched the LG Diamond Collection™, a stylish new suite of home appliances for the modern kitchen. The new collection, which includes refrigerators, ranges, a dishwasher and microwave oven, features a sophisticated black stainless steel finish that is both fingerprint- and smudge-resistant.
The LG Diamond Collection updates the traditional stainless steel look with a warmer, unique color that pairs seamlessly with any style or color of surrounding cabinetry. Formed from a base of stainless steel that's coated with a darker hue and topped with a protective, special coating, LG's latest appliance suite sets a new, elevated look for kitchen spaces. The collection's fingerprint-resistant finish is easy to maintain with a soft, dry cloth and eliminates the need for stainless steel cleaner.
In celebration of the launch, LG, the exclusive Official Home Appliance Sponsor for the ninth season of Rachael Ray, collaborated with the Emmy® Award-winning lifestyle talk show to provide the first-ever LG Diamond Collection kitchen package to the deserving winner of the "America Designs Your Kitchen" contest. Chosen by the show's viewers, the winner – Melissa Ruberto of Verona, NJ – received four appliances from the distinctive suite along with a much-needed and well-deserved complete kitchen makeover from lifestyle expert and designer Carter Oosterhouse.
"I can't imagine a more deserving family to receive a beautiful new kitchen than the Rubertos," said Rachael Ray. "Thanks to my friends at LG and my pal Carter, Melissa and her family are the first people in the country to have the cool new LG Diamond Collection appliances."
"With its bold finish combined with the innovative technologies consumers have come to love and expect from LG, our new LG Diamond Collection raises the bar for kitchen design," said Dave VanderWaal, vice president of marketing for LG Electronics USA. "The smudge-resistant finish and darker, sleeker coating will enhance any modern kitchen space while making it easier for users to clean their appliances."
The LG Diamond Collection includes five refrigerators, two ranges, a dishwasher and microwave, complete with LG's renowned time-saving and select ENERGY STAR® certified technologies:
- Door-in-Door® Refrigerators (Models LPXS30866D, LMXS30776D and LFXS30766D): Equipped with proprietary Door-in-Door technology that LG first pioneered, LG Diamond Collection refrigerators allow quick, easy access to "go to" snacks and beverages in the interior compartment without requiring users to open the entire refrigerator door, offering families convenient access to their favorite foods while reducing cold air loss by up to 47 percent.*
- Counter-Depth Refrigerators (Models LMXC23746D and LFXC24726D): Two refrigerator models within the suite offer a seamless built-in look thanks to a counter-depth profile; due to the slightly shallower depth, the refrigerators stand flush with the countertop to help save space and increase the kitchen's style and aesthetic.
- Ranges (Models LDG3036BD and LDE3037BD): LG Diamond Collection gas and electric ranges feature LG's innovative EasyClean® technology, cutting cleaning time from hours to minutes with no harsh chemicals or scrubbing necessary.
- Dishwasher (Model LDT9965): The dishwasher in the LG Diamond Collection features LG's TrueSteam™ technology, which eliminates the need for pre-washing dishes by discharging high-temperature steam particles from carefully aimed pressure nozzles that eliminate leftover food particles.
- Microwave (Model LMHM2237BD): The LG Diamond Collection microwave incorporates LG's EasyClean® technology which allows its interior to resist most stains, allowing spills and splatters to come clean with just a wipe.
For more information on the new LG Diamond Collection, please visit www.LG.com.
*Percent reduction in exchange rate of air between opening the door-in-door compared to one French door for 10 seconds. Results based on testing of comparable models with same LG® Door-in-Door™ design.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
About The Rachael Ray Show
RACHAEL RAY, the 2008 and 2009 Emmy® Award-winning Outstanding Talk Show, is distributed and produced by CBS Television Distribution in association with Harpo Productions, Scripps Networks and Watch Entertainment. Janet Annino is the Executive Producer. CBS Television Distribution is a unit of CBS Corp.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-electronics-launches-lg-diamond-collection-appliances-with-new-finish-core-lg-technologies-300084123.html
SOURCE LG Electronics USA