ALPHARETTA, Ga., Sept. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA has introduced its new Multi V III Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) commercial air conditioning system for large-scale facilities, such as commercial office buildings, hotels, hospitals and schools.
The third-generation in LG's popular Multi V series uses innovative VRF technology that enables improved energy efficiency by allowing occupants to choose whether to air condition or heat only the zones in use. Multi V III will be LG's flagship commercial HVAC system as demand for energy-saving HVAC technology continues to grow.
"LG is committed to designing and providing innovative, energy-efficient products to all of our U.S. customers," said Kevin McNamara, vice president, Commercial Air Conditioning, LG Electronics USA. "For commercial air conditioning in particular, VRF technology is a game-changer, and the LG Multi V III leads the way by combining easy installation and maintenance with energy-efficiency. As a result, it offers lower lifecycle costs than traditional HVAC systems on the market today, and allows building designers to claim up to 16 LEED points."*
LG Multi V III delivers six key benefits for building owners:
- LG Inverter Scroll: A new high side shell innovation offers a more compact size for the same capacity output with greater reliability in cold climates.
- Rapid Start Cooling: The fast response cooling or heating feature reaches room set point temperatures forty percent faster than previous LG systems.
- AHRI 1230 Certification: Multi V III is one of the first performance certified VRF systems. This insures building owners receive verified ratings which comply with all national energy codes.
- Compact Footprint: Multi V III supports more indoor zones and takes up less outdoor space. When space or access is at a premium, this equates to significant cost advantages for the owner on large projects.
- Longer Piping Distances: Owners can reach extra zones that are further away from the Multi V III unit. This eliminates the need to invest in extra systems and saves on installation.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency: The high side shell compressor, enhanced coil optimization and a double spiral sub cooler result in verified efficiency improvements for new national energy codes.
Multi V III will be available in the U.S. beginning in Q4 2011. More information on Multi V III, VRF technology and additional LG commercial air conditioning solutions can be found at www.LG-VRF.com.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $48 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
LG Electronics USA Air Conditioning
The LG Electronics USA Commercial Air Conditioning business is based in Alpharetta, Ga. LG is a leading player in the global air conditioning market, manufacturing both commercial and residential air conditioners and providing total sustainability and building management solutions. From consumer and individual units to industrial and specialized air conditioning systems, LG provides a wide range of products for heating, ventilating and air conditioning.
LG Electronics Air Conditioning and Energy Solution Company
The LG Electronics Air Conditioning and Energy Solution Company is a complete heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), and energy solution company providing Residential Air Conditioning (RAC), Commercial Air Conditioning (CAC), Solar Energy and Lighting around the world. Bringing technology leadership from the worldwide HVAC market and incorporating technologies from throughout LG, LG AE is increasingly expanding into specialized B2B solutions as an integrated energy solutions company. Through its innovative technology, heavy investments in R&D and effective marketing strategies, LG AE has broken its own sales records every year since 2000.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
*LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is an internationally-recognized green building certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA