NEW YORK, March 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Official NCAA® Corporate Partner LG Electronics USA showed families what it means to Do Game Day Right® on today's episode of the Emmy® Award-winning lifestyle talk show, "Rachael Ray," by awarding a whole family a trip to Final Four® weekend on April 1-4 in Houston.
The special March Madness® "Bracket, Lunch and Dinner Cook-off" segment featured two families in a spirited competition to make it to the Final Four, which was judged and refereed by LG's official color commentator and ESPN college basketball analyst, Jay Bilas. The ACC and Big Ten super-fan showdown ensued with North Carolina Tar Heels fan family, the Dickersons, and Maryland Terrapins diehards, the Harpers.
To show just how fanatic they are when it comes to game day, the Dickerson and Harper families went head-to-head, wearing their team colors of course, and cooked up their best game-day dishes using LG's Black Stainless Steel Series range and refrigerator. Before starting the cook-off, the families competed for bonus points by racing to load their jerseys into LG's revolutionary TWIN Wash™ laundry pair. Bilas called the action ultimately awarding the Dickerson family a trip to the 2016 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball championship.
Win, lose or draw, both families were awarded all-new LG SUPER UHD TVs – the first to hit the market with high dynamic range support for both Dolby Vision® and HDR10* – just in time to catch March Madness.
The "Bracket, Lunch and Dinner Cook-off" is one of many ways the brand is helping fans Do Game Day Right this year. This season, LG is revealing the first-ever March Madness stats** based purely on team uniform colors. Bilas will continue giving fans an edge during the Men's Basketball tournament by releasing uniform color stats – from the first round, all the way through the championship game. With the first and second round games in the books, fans can gauge their brackets' chances using the following color stats:
- Let It Reign: Teams with the most 3-point field goals made per game wore black (8.5), yellow (6.5), and red (6.0).
- Charity Gold: Teams with the most free throws made per game wore yellow (16.8), red (16.7) and black (16.3).
- Steal To Thrill: Teams with the most steals per game wore black (7.81), orange (7.79) and red (7.3).
- Playing Smart D: Teams that averages the fewest personal fouls per game during the tournament wore purple (15.4), orange (16.5) and blue (16.7).
- Making Every Bucket Count: Teams averaging the highest point per game wore red (79.2), black (78.6) and blue (76.6).
- Don't Turn It Over: Teams with the most turnovers per game wore red (12.962), blue (12.956) and orange (12.7).
"A family's true colors represents much more than what team they root for, but what brings them together," said Bilas. "Today's friendly head-to-head game showed us that both families are champs in and out of the kitchen and embody the essence of what today's game was built on: having fun."
Commenting on today's on-air family fan fare, LG Electronics USA's marketing vice president David VanderWaal said, "Whether watching at home with our OLED TVs that produce a billion rich colors or in-stadium by ensuring fan's jerseys color shine bright with our innovative TWIN Wash, LG is committed to helping fans Do Game Day Right. With our newly released March Madness Color Stats, it's clear that team uniform color plays a critical role both on and off the court during March Madness."
The fan families participating in the competition used LG's award-winning suite of home appliances, featured on The Rachael Ray Show, including:
- LG TWIN Wash: LG's TWIN Wash combined with the SideKick™ pedestal washer allows fans and athletes to run two separate loads of laundry at the same time. LG's SideKick is an additional washing machine that may be placed under the LG front-load washer and is specifically designed to wash small, custom-care laundry loads. Its compact size is perfect for special care items, including intimates, delicates and active wear. LG TWIN Wash washers also earned the ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2016 designation.
- LG Black Stainless Steel Series: LG's new suite of refrigerators, ranges, dishwashers and microwaves feature a new, satin-smooth and sophisticated black stainless finish in addition to a variety of technological innovations to help consumers save time and energy. LG ProBake Convection™ ranges provide consistent heating on top and bottom of every dish while LG's ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators with Door-in-Door® technology feature a magnetically-sealed section of the door, allowing access to often-used food items without opening the entire refrigerator and reducing cold air loss. The new appliances are also fingerprint and smudge resistant, making it easier than ever to have a premium kitchen that is effortless to maintain.
LG is the official home appliance partner of The Rachael Ray Show.
Please visit www.LGGameDay.com to learn how LG helps fans Do Game Day Right and check out LG's Color Commentator March Madness stats.
*Dolby Vision HDR technology will be available on 2016 SUPER UHD TVs via a firmware update in early April.
**Statistics researched and verified by Elias Sport Bureau. Statistics only encompass the performance of teams that made it to the Final Four from 1985 to 2015, not all teams in the tournament from those years. 'Team color' refers to the dominant color that represents that college and not necessarily the color that the team wore in a particular game, unless specified.
LG and logo are trademarks of LG Corp. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About LG Electronics USA
Official NCAA Corporate Partner LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a diverse association of more than 1,100 member colleges and universities that prioritize academics, well-being and fairness to create greater opportunities for nearly half a million student-athletes each year. The NCAA provides a pathway to higher education and beyond for student-athletes pursuing academic goals and competing in NCAA sports. More than 54,000 student-athletes experience the pinnacle of intercollegiate athletics by competing in NCAA championships each year. Visit ncaa.org and ncaa.com for more details about the Association and the corporate partnerships that support the NCAA and its student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have AT&T, Capital One and Coca-Cola as official corporate champions and the following elite companies as official corporate partners: Allstate, Amazon Echo, Bing (Microsoft), Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe's, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Reese's, Unilever and UPS.
About The Rachael Ray Show
RACHAEL RAY, the 2008 and 2009 Emmy® Award-winning Outstanding Talk Show, is distributed and produced by CBS Television Distribution in association with Harpo Productions, Scripps Networks and Watch Entertainment. Janet Annino is the Executive Producer. CBS Television Distribution is a unit of CBS Corp.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-hosts-ultimate-ncaa-fan-family-challenge-with-espns-jay-bilas-and-the-rachael-ray-show-300238824.html
SOURCE LG Electronics USA