NEW YORK, Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The year's most highly anticipated dishwasher water park has hit the streets of New York City during the 10th Annual "Citi Summer Streets" program, courtesy of the new LG QuadWash dishwasher. The massive "LG QuadWash Water Park," which tops-out at 6,750 square feet, attracted nearly 200,000 festivalgoers during the first two Saturdays of August and LG has announced an exciting new event to take place at the water park this coming Saturday, August 19th – the "LG QuadWash Slosh" race.
An all-star cast of four celebrities will face-off as they race through multiple cycles of the LG QuadWash Water Park, including:
- Actor Adrienne C. Moore, known for her current role as "Cindy" on Netflix's Orange is the New Black.
- Writer and comedian Fortune Feimster, known for her current role as "Colette" on Hulu's The Mindy Project.
- Best-selling author and former Top Chef contestant Sam Talbot.
- Actor, comedian and vlogger JD Witherspoon.
Emceeing the race will be Emmy award-winning television news journalist AJ Calloway, host of BET's 106 & Park and Extra, as he leads the contestants through a water park maze featuring surprise obstacles around every corner.
The participants are already dishing out some warnings to their fellow racers:
"My family and friends have been talking about this LG QuadWash Water Park for weeks, so when I got the opportunity to come out and quite literally play in a giant dishwasher in the middle of New York City, I knew I had finally found my calling," laughed Adrienne C. Moore. "It's going to be a blast, and all I have to say is, watch your back Fortune."
"I absolutely love that LG created a giant dishwasher-themed water park in the middle of New York City. It's amazing," said Feimster. "It's such a fun way to announce their new LG QuadWash dishwashers, and I'm ready to get out there and win. Those four arms on the LG QuadWash dishwasher may be amazing at getting dishes clean, but they have nothing on me."
Ready, Set, Clean!
On race day, starting at 12 p.m. EDT, the "quad" of racers will take to the Citi Summer Streets dressed in costume as their fans' favorite New York City food and compete in an obstacle course packed with water jet sprays, a maze of plates and slides made out of cutlery. Fans will also be invited to participate by engaging with the livestream to disrupt the race. "Like" the stream to gum up the works with inflatable food or "Love" to soak up the fun with some sponges! The more interactions the more fun, as contestants to compete to complete the race cycle.
The actors aren't the only ones who will have a chance to participate because LG is giving fans the opportunity to play along virtually via LG and the celebrities' social channels.
How to Join in the QuadWash Action from Near and Far!
- Vote for the Contestants' Costumes (Thursday, August 10th – Wednesday, August 16th): Fans can vote to choose which food-themed costume each influencer will wear as they traverse the water park, adding an extra challenge to the race. Simply visit each contestants' social channel (listed below) and comment using one of the four costume options including, ice cream cone, taco, hamburger or pizza slice, along with #LGQuadWash. On race day, each contestant will don the outfit with the most votes on their social channels.
- Tune-In to Throw New Challenges at Contestants (Saturday, August 19th): On race day, fans can tune-in to a LIVESTREAM starting at 12 p.m. EDT on LG's Facebook page (@LGUSA) where they can choose from a range of oversized food that attendees on the ground will throw at the obstacle course in real-time. Much like the LG QuadWash dishwasher, which can tackle any load of dishes without the need for prewashing or re-washing, no food is off limits as fans hurl inflatable items such as meatballs, eggs and donuts at the participants.
- Follow the Contestants to Vote and for Updates:
- Adrienne C. More: Instagram – @acmoore9
- Fortune Fiemester: Instagram – @fortunefiemster
- AJ Calloway: Instagram – @ajcalloway, Twitter – @AJCalloway
- J.D. Witherspoon: Instagram – @jdwitherspoon Twitter – @jdwitherspoon, Facebook – @JDWspoon
- Sam Talbot: Instagram – @chefsamtalbot, Twitter – @ChefSamTalbot, Facebook – @chefsamtalbot
A Water Park Unlike Any Other
The LG QuadWash Water Park is a first-of-its-kind installation – a giant inflatable water attraction modeled after both the exterior and interior elements of the LG QuadWash dishwasher. Located on Park Avenue between 70th and 71st Streets in Manhattan, the Water Park features obstacle courses continuously soaked by powerful jet streams and massive slides in the shape of cutlery for kids of all ages to slide down on into pools of water. Each element was precisely chosen to showcase the innovative features of the new LG QuadWash – most notably, its unique QuadWash technology that cleans dishes with the power of four arms of powerful water jets instead of the traditional two arms seen on most conventional dishwashers. For more information, visit www.LGQuadWash.com.
The ENERGY STAR® certified LG QuadWash dishwashers are rolling out this summer at retailers nationwide with four new series, totaling 14 models in different finishes (including the new smudge-resistant black stainless steel) and styles (including both front control and top control). To learn more about the LG QuadWash lineup, please visit http://bit.ly/QuadWash.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $48 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.lg.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-to-host-star-studded-race-through-dishwasher-themed-water-park-in-the-middle-of-nyc-300504199.html
SOURCE LG Electronics USA