LONDON, June 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
When the US STRATCOM initiated the Commercial Integration Cell (CIC) in 2015 their intent on approaching space enabled communications in conjunction with the vast shifts in the market was clear: As a shared frontier, the future of space requires far greater integration of military, government and industrial stakeholders.
"We have a responsibility to ensure that our fighters are never alone on the battlefield" - Captain Mercurio, US STRATCOM JFCC Space
In August, the Commander of US STRATCOM Joint Functional Component Command SPACE Lieutenant General David J. Buck will brief at the Mobile MILSATCOM 2016 conference in London (30th - 31st August) on cooperation to deliver SATCOM and delivering SATCOM as part of an integrated communications package for the deployed end-user. The full article from US STRATCOM is available here.
The conference agenda will focus on the two major considerations for military development of SATCOM:
- Critical market shaping changes from COMSATCOM, SATCOM on the move, multi-national cooperation and nano satellites
- What are fundamental needs of the deployed end-user by land, sea or air?
Other key industry influencers at the conference include:
- Dr Greg Edwards, Director, Infrastructure Services, NATO Communications and Information Agency
- Rear Admiral Davide Gabrielli, Deputy Chief of C4I Systems and Transformation, Italian General Staff
- Lieutenant General Pichet Yamkaew, Commander, Directorate of Joint Communications, Royal Thai Armed Forces
- Brigadier General Carlos de Salas Murillo, Head C4ISR & Space Programs, Spanish Ministry of Defence
The Mobile MILSATCOM conference will be taking place in London from 30th - 31st August 2016 (http://www.mobilemilsatcom.com) I #satcomonthemove
Media Contact: Jessica Taylor: email@example.com or call +44(0)207-368-9338
Press are invited to attend this important industry summit, if you would like to a complimentary press pass please email Jessica Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Defence IQ